Voluma™ XC is used by both men and women today to add instant volume to the apex, apple and hollow of the cheek area, and is clinically proven to last up to two years with very minimal downtime. While it is mainly made out of hyaluronic acid, like Juvederm™ XC, Voluma™ XC is modified to give more of a subtle lifting result, restoring volume back to the cheek area.
This is a great non-surgical option if you’re looking for a subtle change in regaining a youthful appearance.
A Voluma™ XC procedure begins with the application of a topical Lidocaine-based cream to the numb the areas for ten to fifteen minutes, followed by a thorough cleansing and prepping of the target area. This cosmetic procedure may require multiple injections and takes anywhere from thirty to forty minutes. As with any injectable procedure, there is a chance of bruising, and all patients are giving a cooling agent immediately following the procedure to decrease swelling. There may be some mild redness and swelling at the injection site, and we suggest a full week to see optimal results.
The cost of Voluma™ XC is dependent on the number of syringes used at the time of the treatment.
Your provider will discuss the suggested number of syringes for optimal treatment results as well as a cost estimate beforehand. Voluma™ XC is developed by Allergan and eligible for credit towards Brilliant Distinctions. Many Wilmington Dermatology Center patients opt in to our free program, Brilliant Distinctions, to receive credit for each treatment. This credit can be applied toward your favorite Skin Medica product purchases of future treatments at Wilmington Dermatology Center.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of our free consultation to determine if Voluma™ XC is right for you.
Dr. George discusses Voluma™ XC
As one ages, the development of collagen also diminishes.
Watch to learn how Voluma™ XC will restore volume back to your cheeks!
Why Voluma™ XC at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Voluma™ XC History
Voluma™ XC FAQ
- Voluma™ XC clinical studies report that after the optimal of treatments are conducted per your provider, yoru results may last up to two years.
When will I see results?
- Voluma™ XC results are immediate, with mild swelling and sensitivity up to 24 hours.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While some products may be similar, there is no other injectable filler product with as immediate and long-lasting results as Voluma™ XC.
Can I schedule a Voluma™ XC treatment the day before a big event?
- No. As any injectable product, Voluma™ XC treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising lasting up to one week. Usually injection point swelling and redness is gone within 24 hours.
Can I get Voluma™ XC done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Voluma™ XC the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
Does the Voluma™ XC procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients Voluma™ XC as a pinch with pressure. Lidocaine, a common local anesthetic, is mixed with the product to make the process more comfortable. Most patients may experience mild soreness up to 24 hours after the procedure.
How does Voluma™ XC lift the treated area?
- Using the VYCROSS technology, the high concentration of cross-linked Hyaluronic acid provides a long-lasting lift to the cheek area.
Does it really matter who does my Voluma™ XC?
- Any authorized healthcare provider can technically use Voluma™ XC, but it is highly recommended to use a provider with advanced techniques and knowledge in facial aesthetic/cosmetic procedures.
How much does Voluma™ XC cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center determines cost based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies on the areas being treated and the patient’s specific needs. Providers can give you an estimated price prior to the procedure.
What happens if I need more correction or it didn’t quite work in an area?
- As a practice based on patient satisfaction and results, Wilmington Dermatology Center is happy to perform adjustments after your treatment. We are true believers that less is more, so there are many cases where we start more conservative and can add more to the treatment if necessary to give patients a more natural result.