Today, Botox Cosmetic is used by men and women to treat stubborn frown lines—between the eyebrows, crow’s feet and other fine lines on the forehead and the lips –that tend to accumulate over time as a result of years of smiling and squinting.
By reducing the contractions and relaxing the underlying muscles of the face, patients see noticeable results in their non-surgical Botox treatment with very little downtime.
Botox is an excellent, non-surgical option that reduces the effects of aging and helps regain a more youthful appearance. At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are advocates of natural looking results.
During a typical procedure, we evaluate which areas need to be treated based on your facial expressions and lines created. The area is cleaned and prepped with numbing cream if requested, and a small needle is then used at the injection sites. A visit typically lasts only 10 minutes long, and our patients easily tolerate the minor pinch sensation at the injection sites. Muscle control that creates your wrinkles begin to diminish in five to seven days, and full correction occurs in 14 days. There is no real downtime associated with a Botox treatment, although you may see slight redness at the injection site immediately after treatment that diminishes very quickly. The results of Botox (or competitive neurotoxin brands such as Dysport or Xeomin) can last anywhere from three to four months.
Botox and other brand name toxins are priced based on the number of units used on the individual, and how much you will require is based on the areas you need treated and overall severity of wrinkles.
Our providers can give you a quote based on a free consultation. Some practices quote based on an overall area, but Wilmington Dermatology Center bases cost on what is actually used. There is no question you are getting the best value. A note: Dysport uses a different unit of measurement, so it’s important that you are aware if you are being priced based on cost per unit.
Botox Cosmetic developed by Allergan is also eligible for credit towards Brilliant Distinctions, a free program in which you receive credit towards purchases and earn money saving coupons on future treatments. Brilliant Distinctions is a great way to save on your favorite procedures and SkinMedica products at no cost to you. Think of it as credit card miles for your anti-aging treatments.
Video: Dr. George discusses Botox
Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff pride themselves on performing treatments that appear natural, not overdone.
Trust your treatments to an office that performs numerous treatments each day and is considered a Black Diamond Provider by Allergan. A designation only given to the top 2% in the country.
History of Botox
Why Botox at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Botox Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Botox last?
- You can expect Wilmington Dermatology Center Botox results to last three to four months.
When will I see results?
- Patients begin seeing results within five to seven days, with full correction at the fourteen-day mark.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- Botox Cosmetic is the popular brand name, but alternative brands such as Dysport and Xeomin are also effective. Some individuals prefer a certain brand based on their own personal experience.
Can I get Botox the day before a big event?
- Yes, a Botox treatment has really no downtime other than a few red marks at the injection site that resolve within hours.
Does Botox hurt?
- Patients describe the injections with the very small needles as a pinch and are generally very well tolerated.
How does Botox get rid of my wrinkles?
- Botox stops the communication to your muscles that create the lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Does it really matter who does my Botox?
- Although Botox is commonly used today, it is important that you used a highly trained specialist who is familiar with facial anatomy, advanced techniques and medical conditions that might prevent you from having the treatment. Bad Botox is common when patients go to individuals who are not experts in the field of medicine. These “practioners” commonly administer incorrect dosages and treat in the wrong areas, resulting in an undesirable and unnatural outcome.
How much does Botox cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center charges based on the number of units used. A provider in our office will evaluate your areas of concern and provide you with an estimate at our free consultation. Call our office for per unit pricing by brand name.
Can I get Botox done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Botox the same day you receive other injectable treatments, including dermal fillers such as Voluma XC, Juvederm, Radiesse, etc.
What happens if I need more correction, or the injection didn’t quite work in an area?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on your results. If you ever need an adjustment after your treatment, we will gladly make the fix. Injecting can be an art and every patient is different; we are happy make minor adjustments to meet your needs.
Botox: Are You A Candidate?
Take a moment to view this complete list of side effects and important safety information.
Botox for Excessive Sweating
Botox for Headaches
Patient Treatment Documents
Please download and view the Botox post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.