Ultherapy, known as the non-invasive lift, is focused ultrasound energy delivered to the dermal and deep layers of the skin without affecting intervening tissue.
Over a two to three month period, weak collagen is reorganized and strengthened with the growth of new collagen, which in turn tightens and lifts the skin.
Unlike lasers and other technologies, Ultherapy avoids the surface area of the skin, delivering the appropriate energy at the right depths and temperature for collagen reproduction. The main treatments areas for Ultherapy are around the eyes, cheek area, the neck, and recently added décolleté area to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles. While Ultherapy isn’t a replacement for a face-lift, it is a great non-surgical option to tighten and lift the treated areas with minimal to no downtime.
The first step in the procedure process for Ultherapy is meeting with your provider to assess your skin and determine if you are a good Ultherapy candidate. Before a typical Ultherapy procedure, we will take a series of before pictures to gauge your results over a three month period. Dr. Rosalyn George will mark out your optimal treatment areas, and the Wilmington Dermatology professionals will then cleanse the areas being treated and apply an ultrasound gel to the skin. The provider uses the ultrasound imaging to determine the ideal placement of the energy and then will deliver the energy to the focused area underneath the skin. In order to deliver the appropriate amount of energy to stimulate the collagen reproduction to take place, the provider will need to deliver a certain number of pulses to each area. Treatments typically take anywhere from sixty to ninety minutes depending on the treatment area. You will feel the energy being delivered underneath the skin with the sensation subsiding after the pulse in each specific area is complete. While comfort levels do vary from patient to patient, there are a number of options available to make the procedure more comfortable.
The beauty of Ultherapy® is that there is no significant downtime or restrictions, which is why Ultherapy® has been coined the “Lunchtime Lift.”
While you can expect some mild redness immediately after the procedure, it should disappear within a few hours. Some patients may have some mild swelling and soreness to the touch after the procedure, but these are also temporary and resolve on their own in a short period of time.
While some patients handle the procedure well with no anesthetic, we do offer an option for medication to minimize any discomfort or injectable Lidocaine to the areas being treated. Ultherapy is a non-invasive procedure, but there is a possibility of bruising if you choose to take advantage of Lidocaine.
Dr. George discusses Ultherapy®
WDC was honored to introduce Ultherapy® to Wilmington, NC in 2011.
Watch and learn how this skin treatment will help tighten and lift loose skin.
History of Ultherapy
Ultherapy® is the first device to combine high frequency ultrasound imaging with therapeutic treatment, allowing providers to see and target the layers of sub epidermal tissue before the energy is delivered. Ultherapy® was developed by Ulthera Inc., a global, high growth medical device company, first gaining FDA approval for lift indication to the eyebrows in 2009. Since 2009, Ultherapy® has established itself as the only FDA approved procedure to non-invasively lift the eyebrow, neck and under the chin and most recently has received FDA approval to improve décolleté lines and wrinkles.
Why Ultherapy at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center prides itself on being an innovative and evolving practice. Ultherapy® was first introduced to Wilmington, NC by WDC and has been consistently recognized as a top Ultherapy® provider in all of North Carolina. Through our years of noted success and expertise with Ultherapy®, we developed a number of unique treatment packages to enable the best and longest lasting results for each patient. Wilmington Dermatology Center offers free cosmetic procedure consultations for all procedures, where our providers customize a plan to best suit your needs. Contact us for more information regarding our consults and further information on the Ultherapy® procedure at Wilmington Dermatology Center.
Ultherapy® Treatment Results
The full effects of the treatment and creation of new collagen takes place over the course of 90 days. Many report visual effects more rapidly.
Are you an Ultherapy® Candidate?
Ultherapy® has treated both men and women seeking a non-invasive alternative to plastic surgery. While the ideal candidate is determined by skin laxity, it is best to seek the expertise of a provider at Wilmington Dermatology Center to determine if Ultherapy® is the best treatment for you. Patients should disclose to the physician if they are pregnant or breastfeeding. Take a moment to view this complete list of side effects and important safety information.
WDC was the first to introduce Ulthera and continues to be recognized as one of the top practices in North Carolina. We pride ourselves in our expertise with Ulthera and have developed unique treatment packages that also include leading cosmecuetical products that protect and enhance your investment.
- Full face: $3085 – Package includes a TNS Essential Serum and a Revision Nectifirm
- Mid-Lower face: $2385 – Package includes a TNS Essential Serum and Revision Nectifirm
- Upper face: $1550 – Package includes TNS Eye Repair
- Neck: $1560 – Package includes Nectifirm
- New! Décolleté: $1500
What is Unique about Ultherapy® ?
- Ultherapy® is currently the only FDA approved non-invasive treatment with a lift indication and the only procedure to use ultrasound imaging in order to target to appropriate layer of skin.
Can Ultherapy® replace a facelift?
- While surgery is still the Golden Standard, Ultherapy® does treat the same foundational skin layer as cosmetic surgery. Ultherapy® is a great option for those either not ready for or not interested in a face-lift.
How long does the treatment take?
- Depending on the treatment area, Ultherapy® can take anywhere from sixty to ninety minutes.
When will I see results?
- Some patient will see results immediately after the procedure, but the ultimate results will be seen over a two to three month period of time as your body regenerates the collagen. Some patients will continue to see results up to six months.
How long do results last?
- The results of the Ultherapy® procedure are permanent. You must keep in that that your natural aging process with continue and determine how long your results will truly last.
Who is a good Ultherapy® candidate?
- The best way to determine if you are a good candidate is to consult with our providers. While the ideal candidate has mild to moderate skin laxity, the provider will be able to look and feel the skin in the area to establish if this is the best procedure option for you.
What, if any, are the Ultherapy® side effects?
- Most patients will experience mild redness after the procedure, which diminishes shortly after the procedure. Some patients may feel sore to the touch in the treated areas and there is a chance of mild swelling and possible bruising.
Can I have Ultherapy® before a big event?
- No. While Ultherapy® is a non-invasive procedure, it does still have potential for swelling and possible bruising.
How much does Ultherapy® cost?
- Pricing varies depending on the treatment package best suited for the patients needs. Ultherapy® treatments at the Wilmington Dermatology Center range from $1,500-$3,085.
How many treatments will I need?
- While most patients will see optimal results with just one treatment, there are occasions where the provider will recommend two treatments. This will be addressed and decided prior to your first Ultherapy® appointment at your free consultation with one of our dedicated staff members.
Patient Treatment Documents
Ultherapy® in the Media
Ultherapy was cleared by the FDA for facial aesthetic improvement and has been in commercialized in other worldwide markets. Ulthera has been featured many nationwide magazines and television shows including: Shape, Elle, Vogue, Self, Health, E! news, The Doctors, The Early Show, Dr. Oz, Rachel Ray…just to name a few. Watch Dr. George discuss Ultherapy on a local television interview with WECT.