In an effort to keep up with the latest in dermatology treatments, Dr. Rosalyn George strongly believes in continuing her involvement with clinical research.
At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are involved with analyzing new treatments and their effectiveness with suitable study candidates.
Dr. Rosalyn George has been involved as a primary investigator on over 30 clinical research trials across clinical dermatology and cosmetic related indications. Wilmington Dermatology Center and it’s experienced research staff work in conjunction with Dr. Rosalyn George to ensure trials are successfully completed.
Clinical trial candidates often receive treatments at no cost during these relevant studies. Call us or email us today if you would like to be considered for studies currently in the recruitment process or future trials.
recent cro related reference/recommendation
Dr. Rosalyn George at Wilmington Dermatology Center has established a center of excellence for research. She consistently reaches her enrollment target ahead of schedule and has been invaluable in filling difficult to recruit studies. She has a very diverse client base that allows her to recruit subjects for a variety of different studies. She leads an experienced dedicated research team who is very detailed oriented and is one of the most responsive that I have had the pleasure to work with.Senior Clinical Research Manager
Recent Dermatology Clinical Research Studies and Related Conditions
- Hand Dermatitis
- Psoriasis: Various studies including Topical, Injectable, and Observational
- Actinic Keratosis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Skin Tightening
Ongoing and Currently Recruiting Dermatology Studies
- Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis (Recruiting)
- Melasma (Recruiting)
- Psoriasis (Recruiting)
Detailed Listing of Clinical Research Studies
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Secukinumab-controlled, parallel-group study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Bimekizumab in adult subjects with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis. UCB Biosciences, 2018. Principal Investigator.
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, efficacy study of the Neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist VLY-686 in patients with Atopic Dermatitis. VANDA, 2018. Principal Investigator.
A randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Dose-Ranging study investigating the Efficacy, Safety and Pharmacokinetic Profile of ANB020 Administered to Adult Subjects with Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis. AnaptsysBio, 2018. Principal Investigator.
Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled, Dose-ranging trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Lebrikizumab in patients with Moderate-to-severe Atopic Dermatitis. Dermira, 2018. Principal Investigator.
Efficacy, Safety and Durability of Response of BMS-986165 Versus Placebo and Active Comparator in Subjects with Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis. BMS, 2018. Principal Investigator.
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter, 24 week Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of PPC-06 (Teplilamide Fumarate) Extended Release Tablets in Subjects with Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis. Novella, 2018. Principal Investigator.
Randomized, double-blind comparison pilot study evaluating the safety and efficacy of tranexamic acid, in a novel transdermal delivery system, compared to hydroquinone for improvement of melasma. AmperSand Biopharmaceuticals, LLC 2017. Principal Investigator
Double-blind, controlled, pilot study evaluating the safety and efficacy of Percorium-delivered bimatoprost and minoxidil for the treatment of alopecia androgenetica (male pattern hair loss). AmperSand Biopharmaceuticals, LLC 2017. Principal Investigator
A multicenter, open label study to assess the safety and efficacy of Risankizumab for Maintenance in moderate to severe plaque type psoriasis. AbbVie 2017. Principal Investigator
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Dose Ranging Study to Evaluate the Safety, Efficacy, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of Bimekizumab in Adult Subjects with Moderate to Severe Chronic Plaque Psoriasis. UCB Biosciences, Inc. 2016. Principal Investigator
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Group Comparison of Halobetasol Propionate Foam, 0.05% Versus Vehicle Foam In Subjects with Plaque Psoriasis. Therapeutics 2016. Principal Investigator
- Non-Inferiority Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Ultherapy for Lifting and Tightening the Face and Neck Using Standard vs. Simulines Transducers. Ulthera Inc. 2016. Principal Investigator
- BI 655066 versus Ustekinumab and placebo comparators in a randomized double blind trial for Maintenance use in Moderate to severe plaque type psoriasis-2 (UltMMa-2). Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2016. Principal Investigator
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Tadipitant in Treatment-Resistant Pruritus Associated with Atopic Dermatitis. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. 2016. Principal Investigator
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multiple-Site Study to Evaluate the Therapeutic Equivalence of a Generic Tacrolimus Ointment, 0.1% (Glenmark Generics, Ltd) to the Marketed Product Protopic (tacrolimus) ointment, 0.1% (Astellas Pharma US, Inc.) in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis. Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services, 2016. Principal Investigator
- Pilot Study Site: Non-Inferiority Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Ultherapy for Lifting and Tightening the Face and Neck Using Standard vs. Simulines Transducers. Ulthera Inc. 2015. Principal Investigator
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Ixekizumab Dosing Regimens in Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis. Lilly USA LLC. 2015. Principal Investigator
A Randomized, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Pacebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of 1.5mg/kg per Day or Sarecycline Compared to Placebo in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris. Actavis. 2015. Principal Investigator
- Multi-center non-interventional study to collect information on the condition of submental (SM) fullness due to submental fat (SMF), how it is treated in current clinical practice, and the risks and benefits associated with its treatment. Kythera Biopharmaceuticals,Inc. 2015. Principal Investigator
- A Phase 3 Confirmatory Study Investigating the Efficacy and Safety of Dupilumab Monotherapy Administered to Adult Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2015. Principal Investigator
- A Multi-center, Double-Blind, Randomized, Vehicle-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Compare Perrigo new York Inc’s Ingenol Mebutate Topical Gel 0.05% to Leo Pharma Inc. Picato Topical Gel 0.05% (Ingenol Mebutate Topical Gel 0.05%) and Both Active Treatment to a Vehicle Control in the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis on the Trunk and Extremities. Perrigo New York, Inc.,2015. Principal Investigator.
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Design, Multiple-Site Study to Evaluate the Therapeutic Equivalence of Diclofenac Sodium Gel 3% (Taro Pharmaceuticals USA., Inc.) Compared to Solaraze 3%, gel (diclofenac sodium 3% w/w;Almirall, S.A.) in the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis. Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services, 2015. Principal Investigator
- Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of the Ulthera System for the treatment of signs and symptoms of Erythemototelangiectatic Rosacea. Ulthera Inc. 2015. Principal Investigator
- Vacation Dermatoses. Jessica Connett, MD and Rosalyn George, MD, JAAD Vol 70, Num 5, 961-963, May 2014.
- A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Group, Study followed by a dose-blind period and open-label follow-up to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Certolizumab Pegol in subjects with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis. Dermira. 2014. Prinicipal Investigator
- A Randomized double-blind, multicenter study to demonstrate equivalent efficacy and to compare safety and immunogenicity of a biosimilar adalimumab and Humira in patients with moderate to severe chronic plaque-type psoriasis. Sandoz. 2014. Principal Investigator
- A Safety and Efficacy Study to Compare Dapsone Dermal Gel with Vehicle Control in Patients with Acne Vulgaris. Allergan. 2014. Principal Investigator
- An Observational, multicenter disease registry to evaluate clinical practice trends and outcomes in adult patients with Hidradenitis Suppurativa. AbbVie Inc. 2014. Principal Investigator
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Group Comparison of Halobetasol Propionate Lotion 0.05% versus Vehicle Lotion in Subjects with Plaque Psoriasis. Therapeutics. 2013. Principal Investigator
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled, Parallel Group Comparison Study to determine the Therapeutic Equivalence of Generic Imiquimod Cream, 2.5% and Zyclara (Imiquimod) Cream 2.5% in Subjects with Actinic keratoses. Therapeutics. 2013. Principal Investigator
- A Randomized, Vehicle-Controlled, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multi-Center Phase III Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of M518101 in Subjects with Plaque Psoriasis. Maruho North America. 2013. Principal Investigator
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Multiple-Site, Placebo-controlled, Parallel Design Study comparing Diclofenac Sodium Gel 3% (Actavis) to Solaraze (diclofenac) Gel 3% in the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis. Actavis. 2013. Principal Investigator
- A Multi-center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Comparing the efficacy and Safety of LY2439821 to Etanercept and Placebo in Patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis. Eli lilly Co. 2012 to present. Primary Investigator.
- A 10-Year, Post-marketing, Observational, Registry of HUMIRA(Adalimumab)in Adult Patients with Chronic Plaque Psoriasis (Ps). Abbott Laboratories. December 2011 to present. Primary Investigator.
- An Evaluation of the Burden of Illness Among Adults with Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis Seeking Care in the United States. Pfizer. 2011- 2012. Primary Investigator.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, parallel group, multi-center phase IIb dose finding study of M518101 in plaque psoriasis patients. Maruho Co.,Ltd. 2011 2012. Primary investigator.
Efficacy and safety of alitretinoin in the treatment of severe chronic hand eczema refractory to topical therapy. Basilea Pharmaceuticals. June 2009-present. Primary Investigator.
- George R, Clarke S, Ioffreda M, Billingsley E. Marking of nail matrix biopsies with ink aids in proper specimen orientation for more accurate histologic evaluation. Dermatologic Surgery Vol 32, number 12, 1705-1706, Dec 2008.
- Study on interest in cosmetic procedures in patients visiting an academic dermatology group. Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, 2007
- Clarke S, Nelson A, George R, Thiboutot D. Pharmacologic Modulation of Sebaceous Gland Activity: Mechanism’s and Clinical Applications. Dermatologic Clinics: Drug Actions, Reactions and Interactions. Dermatologic Clinics. April 2007
- Rosalyn George, MD, Gregory J. Fulchiero, Jr, MD, MSBioEng, James G. Marks, Jr, MD, Jennie T. Clarke, MD. Neurovascular Instability Syndrome: A Unifying Term to Describe the Coexistence of Temperature-Related Vascular Disorders in Affected Patients. Arch of Dermatol Vol 143, 274-275, (2007).
- Jennie T. Clarke MD, Harper Price MD, Shari Clarke MD, Rosalyn George MD, Jeffrey J. Miller MD. Case Reports: Acquired Kinking of he Hair Caused by Acitretin. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology Vol 6, Issue 9, 937-938 (2007).
- Study to determine the ideal biopsy site for lentigo maligna. Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, 2006-present
- George R. Commentary on May 2007 JAAD article Two randomized phase III clinical trials evaluating anti-inflammatory dose doxycycline (40-mg doxycycline, USP capsules) administered once daily for treatment of rosacea. Published on Dermlink.net
- George R. Commentary on September 2006 NEJM article Sentinel-node biopsy or nodal observation in melanoma. Published on Dermlink.net
- Populous Papules. George R, Nunley J., Cortlandt Forum 2003;16(8): 46-49.
- Study on the effects of P450 enzymes in the conversion of chlorpyrifos to chlorpyrifos-oxon. Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, 1998-1999