Sweat Treatment – MiraDry
MiraDry Treatment Overview
miraDry, exclusively offered in Wilmington at WDC, is the only FDA-cleared procedure that provides a lasting reduction of underarm sweat in a completely non-invasive way.
An amazing sweat treatment that allow you to say goodbye to those ruined clothes, the odor, and those embarrassing moments, rated the highest by patients on review sites such as RealSelf.com. Other cosmetic procedure options only either mask the problem, or temporarily address the issues, however miraDry is your one solution to put an end to underarm sweating. Don’t hide it…Get rid of it!
How miraDry Works
miraDry Treatment Results
What Should I Expect During the miraDry Procedure?
- Both underarms (1 total treatment): $1900
Watch Dr. George Discuss miraDry
miraDry was cleared by the FDA for providing a lasting reduction of underarm sweat and has been featured in many nationwide magazines and television shows. Watch as Dr. George discusses miraDry.
How is sweat produced?
- Underarm sweat is produced through two types of sweat glands located just below the surface of the skin. The eccrine glands secrete a clear, orderless fluid to help cool the body. The apocrine glands produce a thicker fluid that gives underarm sweat its distinctive odor.
Why do some people sweat more than others?
- Some people have overactive sweat glands, meaning they frequently turn on when they should be at rest, and they produce more sweat than what is needed to cool the body. Some people’s sweat glands can produce four to five times more sweat than normal.
Is it unusual to sweat a lot?
- Not in the least, in fact 1 in 5 Americans say they sweat excessively.
Are there side effects?
- Some localized soreness or swelling is normal, and typically clears within a few weeks. Some patients have temporary, short-term altered sensation in the skin of their underarms or upper arms, which gradually disappears.
Do the results last?
- Yes! Because the sweat glands don’t grow back, patients experience a significant and lasting reduction in underarm sweat.
Don’t I need my underarm sweat glands?
- Actually, no. Your body contains over four million sweat glands and only about 2% of them are in your underarms. Eliminating this 2% does not affect your body’s ability to cool itself.
Does miraDry cause increased sweating in other parts of the body?
- No. When sweat glands are removed from the underarms, you simply stop sweating in that area. So don’t worry – your body won’t start sweating more in other areas to compensate.
Is miraDry right for me?
- If embarrassing underarm sweat outbreaks, stained clothing, or frequent antiperspirant applications interfere with your daily life, then you may be a good candidate for the procedure.
Schedule a free consultation to see if miraDry is right for you.