This just in! The next generation of CoolSculpting technology has arrived to Wilmington Dermatology Center.
The new technology results in treating stubborn fat in less time with greater comfort! Read below to learn all about CoolSculpting and ask us about how WDC is a ‘CoolSculpting Complete’ practice featuring ALL of the NEW generation of CoolSculpting applicators. Coolsculpting™ is a patented, non-invasive, clinically proven procedure designed to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas. This unique technology cools and freezes the unwanted fat cells without surgery or downtime that results in a visible reduction of fat. The treated problem cells are gone for good, creating an ideal non-invasive long-term treatment.
How it works
Coolsculpting™ is based off the insight of Cryolipolysis®, the idea that cold can selectively affect and eliminate fat cells without damaging the skin or surrounding tissue. Despite diets and strict exercise regimens, many of us have stubborn fat that we can’t seem to make go away. Coolsculpting™ technology uses this controlled cooling to target and kill these fat cells, naturally eliminating them from the body in the weeks that follow. Cool sculpting™ is the world’s #1 non-invasive fat-reduction procedure.
What areas can be treated
The most commonly treated areas for Coolsculpting™ are stubborn abdominal fat, love handles, under chin, arms, and both inner and outer thighs. Coolsculpting™ comes with multiple applicator sizes in order to fit a specific areas need. Coolsculpting™ is specifically designed for unwanted fat the resists diet and exercise and as such, is more of a non-surgical alternative to liposuction than it is a weight loss solution for people.
History of Coolsculpting™
What to Expect from Coolsculpting™
Why Coolsculpting™ at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center is proud to be the first to add the latest generation CoolAdvantage applicators including the CoolMini and CoolAdvantage Petite to the Wilmington, North Carolina market. Through our continued growth and innovation, we have proven to be one of the top practices in all of North Carolina. Dr. Rosalyn George’s practice was also announced the top Coolsculpting™ provider in North Carolina when Coolsculpting™ was launched. Here at Wilmington Dermatology Center we are dedicated to patient satisfaction and results. Through our experience with Coolsculpting™ we have learned that not everyone is the ideal candidate, enabling us to save you time and money before your treatment even takes place. We are also certified as a CoolSculpting Complete Practice featuring all of the latest applicators to treat the entire patient. We encourage you to come in for your free consultation to determine if Coolsculpting™ is the right treatment for you.
Coolsculpting™ Results and Testimonials
What our patient’s are saying
“I recently had CoolSculpting at Wilmington Dermatology and am thrilled with the results. I lost 2.5″ in my waist and abdomen which I’d never been able to do with exercising and diet. I can’t say enough good things about Dr. George and her staff, specifically Shelley who did my procedure. I’ve had other appointments in the office and have never had to wait more than five minutes which is amazing in a doctor’s office. I would highly recommend Dr. George and her team for any cosmetic procedure” – B D
Are you a Coolsculpting™ Candidate?
The ideal Coolsculpting™ candidates are men and women near their ideal body weight who eat well and exercise regularly, with stubborn pockets of fat that have not responded to their healthy lifestyle. Unlike a number of surgeries, Coolsculpting™ is not a weight loss solution for overweight people. The ideal candidates understand this and are seeking spot fat reduction—not surgical procedures. You should not undergo Coolsculpting™ if you suffer from cryoglobulinemia or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria. The best way to determine if Coolsculpting™ will help you reach your desired goals is by coming in for a free one on one consultation with a Wilmington Dermatology provider. We will then be able to determine if Coolsculpting™ is the best option for you. *Results may vary
Small Applicator – Next Generation Treatment : Prices start at $675 and go up depending on goals and areas to be treated.
Large Applicator Treatment: Prices start at $1350 and go up depending on goals and areas to be treated.
Note: Bundle discounts apply when multiple areas treated with discounts varying from 5-20% off. Speak to our specialists for details. Trust WDC as the first in Wilmington with CoolSculpting. We also try our best to price match.
- Your provider will help tailor an individual treatment plan in order to reach your specific goals. While most patients see optimal results after one session, your provider may schedule additional sessions based on your skin type.
What does it feel like?
- Patients describe the beginning of the cooling session as pressure and intense cold that dissipates after the first few minutes of treatment. Most patients read, work or nap during the Coolsculpting™ procedure.
Are there any side effects?
- Typical side effects following the procedure include numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, tingling, mild pain or stinging. While not everyone experiences these side effects, we can provide you with prescription options to help with discomfort.
When will I see results?
- Change may be noticeable as early as three weeks after your treatment, the most dramatic results happening after a three-month period of time.
Can I return to my normal activities after the treatment?
- Coolsculpting™ is a completely non-surgical treatment, so patients typically return to all normal activities immediately.
What happens if I gain weight in the future?
- After seeing results, many people obtain a healthier lifestyle. However if you do gain weight, it is evenly distributed throughout your body.
Where does the fat go?
- Once the fat cells are frozen, or crystallized, they die and are naturally eliminated from the body.
How much does the procedure cost?
- A free consultation with Dr. George or one of our other top providers will help determine what applicator size and how many treatments are recommended. Pricing is per treatment area, and based on the size of the applicator (small applicator for love handle area or large applicator for central abdomen).
Is the procedure safe?
- The Coolsculpting™ procedure is FDA-cleared for the love handle (flank) area, abdomen and thigh. There have been over 1 million completed treatments worldwide, proving it to be a safe and effective non-surgical treatment option.
How long does the procedure take?
- Varying based on treatment area, Coolsculpting™ can take anywhere from one hour (central abdomen) to two hours (flank/love handle area).