Fall is quickly making an appearance, so it’s time to focus on the finer things in Fall….like laser hair removal! Like most lasers, our laser hair removal device is mostly off limits for any sun-tanned buns, making Fall the perfect time to address the unwanted hair and irritations from shaving.
About the Light Sheer® Duet™ Laser Hair Removal
This newer and revolutionized laser hair removal device has taken what used to be a long and painful procedure, to a new and improved level. The Light Sheer® Duet™ laser hair removal technology delivers energy to the treatment area, where the wavelength targets the darker pigment in our skin, specifically the melanin in the hair follicle. The energy produced from the laser, results in the destruction of the hair follicle. The Light Sheer® Duet™ laser hair removal system has increased the treatment spot size, enabling us to treat larger areas like backs and legs in only 15-20 minutes. One of our patients favorite features here at Wilmington Dermatology Center is the vacuum-assist technology, making the procedure not only faster, but tremendously more comfortable for our patients.
How do I know if I qualify for laser hair removal treatments?
Laser hair removal is a great option for both men and women looking to reduce hair growth in unwanted places. While all laser hair removal devices only work effectively on dark pigmented hair, the Light Sheer® Duet™ does work on all skin tones at different energy levels. At WDC our patients just love how quick and easy the Light Sheer® Duet™ makes laser hair removal. If you think you may be interested, feel free to setup a free consult to make sure laser hair removal will work for your area of concern.
How soon will I see results from my treatment?
While you will see some immediate results, everyone’s hair follicles go through a number of different cycles, so the laser hair removal procedure does take 5-6 treatments for a 50-90% permanent hair reduction. Ask us about our packages and low price guarantee at your free consult!
Just in time for summer, two amazing days of savings on your favorite injectable treatments. Save big on Botox and more when you combine it with a dermal filler like the new Voluma or Juvederm. These treatments are great to get rid of those fine lines and wrinkles, while the fillers are amazing on addressing deeper signs of aging including volume loss. Trust your treatments to a Diamond Practice with Allergan, representing the top 3% of practices in the nation in overall volume. Dr. Rosalyn George is a national trainer for Allergan for Botox, Juverderm and Voluma and she and her staff have the expert training and experience to provide you with natural looking results.
$10.75/Unit of Botox, with no minimum number of units
$75 off each syringe of Voluma, or combine it with 20 units of Botox and receive $100 off
$50 off each syringe of Juvederm or combine it with 20 units of Botox and receive $75 off
These specials are only valid for two days so make your appointment today before the schedule fills. Call Wilmington Dermatology Center or email us today to save your spot
Do you find yourself working hard to get rid of stubborn unwanted fat? That one spot that just will not go away, no matter how hard you try? Whether it be the stomach, thighs, or love handles I think it’s safe to say we’ve almost all experienced this dreaded feeling. Fortunately you are in luck! Here at WDC we pride ourselves in having the latest of the greatest of treatments that really work, which is why we are so glad to have the Liposonix.
Liposonix is a non invasive fat reduction procedure that can help you lose up to one dress or pant size! What makes this an alternative like no other is its ability to custom contour to your exact body type. The Liposonix’s hand piece gives it the ability to maneuver like no other device out on the market. This makes it easier to reach those hard to reach spots such as those troublesome areas around the thighs and midsection.
The Liposonix system also uses new age ultrasound technology that aims directly to the fat tissues desired and permanently destroys them for good. The best part about the Liposonix is there is absolutely no downtime and you will begin to see your results in 8 to 12 weeks. Whether you’re always on the go for work, or to make sure the kids make it to soccer practice, you can still obtain that certain look you’ve always dreamed of. If you’re someone who is close to looking your best, but just can’t seem to shed those last couple inches then this is the answer you’ve been waiting for. If you would like to learn more about this innovative system feel free to call our office and schedule a complimentary consultation and determine whether Liposonix is right for you! Interested in coolsculpting as well, and want to know which one is the best option for your needs – we can answer that too. WDC was the first to introduce CoolSculpting in Wilmington and is the only practice offering both treatments. We are happy to provide you with an unbiased recommendation as to which device might best fit your needs. Mention this blog article during your consultation and receive $200 off your Liposonix treatment.
Did you know? Wilmington Dermatology Center is the top volume Botox, Juvederm and Voluma account in all of Wilmington NC. We wanted to say Thank You to all of our great clients for making us #1 in Wilmington. We look forward to helping you reach your goals along the way and providing full facial rejuventation. Led by Dr. Rosalyn George, a trainer and speaker for Botox, Juvederm and Voluma, she and her expert staff can help you achieve your goals of looking younger. Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff utilize the latest treatments and techniques and will help you achieve your goals with a natural, not overdone look. Botox, Juvederm and and the latest Voluma are just a few of the amazing products and treatments available at Wilmington Dermatology Center that can help you look your best. Trust the experts in skincare for your cosmetic dermatology needs and book a free cosmetic consultation today.
We’re giving you and your special someone plenty of time to shop for Valentines Day this year with our Cosmetic Product Specials! We have 6 amazing savings over 2 days! Stop by our office Wednesday or Thursday, February 5th & 6th or call ahead to receive great deals on these amazing products. We have something for everyone, from the ultimate in skincare regimens to savings on your favorite individual items.
- BOGO Latisse, purchase a 5ml kit and receive a 3ml kit for FREE! ($149 in savings)
- Buy a SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic or SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF and receive 50% off your choice of SkinCeuticals sunscreen
- Don’t let pigmentation get you down – All Lytera Skin Brightening System’s 25% off! (That’s more then $60 off!)
- Want to spend a little, but save a ton on some of the best products? Consider the SkinMedica Sweatheart Bundle for only $99! This $225 valued limited edition gift set includes; a 1 oz AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, 1 oz. Dermal Repair Cream, 1 oz. Vitamin C & E, $20 off BD Latisse Coupon and a black cosmetic bag!
- For those looking for the ultimate skincare gift, get him or her the best of the best products all in one regimen, the SkinMedica TNS Bundles! The Essential System Bundle includes 2 TNS Essential Serums, 1 Retinol Complex, 1 Daily Physical Defense SPF 30, 1 Vitalize Peel and a travel size facial cleanser all for just $605 (total savings of $230)! The Skin Brightening System Bundle includes 2 TNS Essential Serums, 1 Lytera Complex, 1 Retinol Complex, 1 Daily Physical Defense SPF30, a Vitalize peel and a Facial Cleanser all for just $642! (total savings of $320)
- Your favorite products not on the list? Create your own package, buy any 3 products and receive 25% off. (excludes promotional items above)
Not sure what your special someone needs? Stop by and chat with our cosmetic coordinator Caroline to find the perfect product special fit. Or as always, gift certificates make the perfect gift! And remember the “WDC Guarantee”! – Find a local advertised price on any of your favorite products anywhere else and we will match it!
“I’m noticing little bumps and dry patches on my son’s arms. Is this psoriasis?” “My skin is very dry and it itches, do I have psoriasis?” Many of us wonder, especially during the winter months, if our dry skin is in fact psoriasis. Chances are you know someone with psoriasis. It’ a common skin condition affecting 3% of the population. We would like to share the tell tale signs of identifying psoriasis vs. dry skin.
Psoriasis starts as small red bumps that enlarge and become scaly. Key symptoms to look for are:
- Red lesions that are sometimes covered with silvery-white scales.
- Rashes in the folds of the skin.
- Joint pain, swelling or stiffness.
- Discolored or crumbly nails.
Dry Skin is simply skin that looks dehydrated. It may even appear flaky and cracked like the back of an alligator. Dry skin is typically found on the arms and lower legs.
Now keep in mind psoriasis causes dry skin but a good way to tell the difference is to look for the raised red lesions covered with silvery-white scales, or dead skin cells. Skin affected by psoriasis may also burn or feel itchy and tender. Psoriasis is a chronic, long-term, skin condition that causes your skin cells to grow too quickly . This results in the silvery-white scales or pacthes of skin. If you think you may have psoriasis or know someone who does, make sure that you or your loved one are getting screened by a capable physician and contact our office to schedule your next appointment.
For those of you with challenging New Year’s Resolutions, we have the fat loss treatments to help you reach your goals. In 2011 WDC was the first to introduce Wilmington to the amazing fat reduction treatment CoolSculpting and later many others followed because it actually worked. Then again in 2012 WDC was the first to introduce Liposonix, another new and incredible fat loss procedure that actually works! Both treatments are truly unique because they actually eliminate fat cells in your body and only require one treatment to see the effects. Here is the skinny on Liposonix and Coolsculpting!
What is it? – The Liposonix system uses high-intensity ultrasound energy to permanently destroy targeted fat, and delivers amazing results after a single one-hour treatment. CoolSculpting is another non-invasive procedure that uses a patented cooling technology to reduce fat layers in those problem areas.
Does it work? – Yes! After just a single one-hour Liposonix treatment the average waistline reduction is about 1 inch! That’s one whole dress or pant size difference. And on average each CoolSculpting procedure results in a 20% reduction of fat in the areas treated!
Why we love it! – Both treatments are great for that last bit of exercise resistant fat. No Diets, no needles, no downtime – no kidding! Liposonix and Coolsculpting are both extremely convenient! Procedures last between one to two hours, so procedures can be done during your lunch break or without major disruption to your day. Full results can be seen in 3 months so be sure to schedule your treatment before beach season.
So which treatment is right for me? – Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff at Wilmington Dermatology Center will assess your overall goals, including where the fat is located that you would like to remove. Although both treatments are very similar in the ultimate result of eliminating fat, both have their differences. For example, depending on whether you want an entire 360 treatment around your midsection, it may be more cost effective to choose Liposonix. Liposonix is also a bit more versatile in that you can actually customize your treatment areas and truly create a contour in some areas. However the downside is the Liposonix procedure can be a bit more painful over the CoolSculpting treatment. The reason we added Liposonix to the practice after already having CoolSculpting was it’s ability to go where CoolSculpting could not due to the limitations of the applicators used. WDC has completed numerous CoolSculpting and Liposonix treatments over the years and our experience would ensure that we could find the right procedure for your needs.
During the month of January and February in 2014, we will be running an incredible special on these two procedures. These are the lowest prices offered ever and are valid through treatments booked in January and February of 2014. $150 off each CoolSculpting treatment area, and $450 off a full flanks and abdomen treatment with Liposonix. This is a one time savings opportunity at the lowest prices ever. Get your treatment done so you can see the full results just in time for beach season.
We know most of you are aware of the many great benefits of Botox, but did you know that you can also fight the appearance of the aging face with dermal filler treatments such as Juvederm and Voluma?
As we age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring molecule, in our skin. This causes our skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds, like the parentheses lines around your nose and mouth. Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of HA. Using a dermal filler like Juvederm or Voluma is an effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, restoring volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds. Still have questions on filler? Here are a few answers to the questions you may have when thinking, “I’ve tried Botox, am I ready for Filler?”
- How would I know if I could benefit from a dermal filler? – Because everyone’s skin ages differently Filler may be used to rejuvenate multiple problem areas from smile lines and vertical lip lines to volume restoration in your cheeks. The good news is that Juvederm or Voluma can soften those lines after just one treatment.
- How does it work? – Filler is injected under the skin to fill the soft tissue of the dermis restoring HA in your skin – adding volume and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and folds. In some products such as Sculptra, the injection actually stimulates the natural production of collagen in your body.
- I don’t like needles, what is the treatment like? – The procedure is quick and easy! When you arrive a topical anesthetic will be applied to your skin to numb the treatment area before the injections. Your experienced healthcare provider will then ease the filler under your skin where wrinkles and folds occur. Your entire visit usually takes just 30 minutes.
- Is it expensive? – The cost of filler is reasonable especially compared to more involved procedures like plastic surgery. It’s priced per syringe and the benefits can last months. The Brilliant Distinctions program from Allergan, makers of Juvederm, Botox, and Voluma also offers exclusive benefits for instant savings off your next treatment or other participating products.
- How long does it last? – Just one treatment with Juvederm can smooth away your wrinkles for up to 12 months. Voluma provides natural- looking results that last up to 2 years
- How different will I look?- Both Juvederm and Voluma will give you natural looking results. Results everyone will notice but no one will know. Your appearance will ultimately be driven by the techniques and amount of product used. At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are known for our noticeable, yet natural results. Individuals who looked like they have been excessively filled and don’t appear natural have not been treated in our office.
- Will I have down time? – Because Filler is a simple, non-surgical procedure there is minimal downtime with swelling and bruising and results are seen immediately. Another reason why we love it – it’s easy to fit into a busy schedule and requires little maintenance!
Trust your Filler treatment to the experts. Contact our office today to schedule your free consultation appointment with Dr. Rosalyn George and her highly trained team including Karin Hipp, PA-C and Melanie Adams, PA-C. Dr. Rosalyn George is a certified trainer for Botox, Juvederm and Voluma and was one of only two physicians in NC selected for the Voluma Facial Aesthetics Advisory Board. There is a reason why Wilmington Dermatology Center has been identified as a Diamond account with Allergan, which represents the top 2% of practices in the nation by volume…the reason – great results.
Our eyes are often the first impression we make with others, and puffiness and dark circles shout aging and fatigue. Have you ever wondered, ” How do I get rid of the puffy bags and dark circles under my eyes?” Tired of feeling awake but looking asleep? Here are a few tips from the staff at Wilmington Dermatology Center to give your eyes a lift after a long work week, or just a little too much holiday fun and party rotating.
The Quick Fixes:
- Drink lots of water. Eye puffiness is a buildup up fluids around the eye area. Drinking plenty of water helps to flush the area under your eyes reducing puffiness and preventing water retention which leads to swelling.
- Apply a cold compress. Cucumbers, frozen tea bags or metal spoons all work great to temporarily reduce puffiness.
- Get some exercise – This improves circulation, moving fluids through your body rather than letting them accumulate. Our bodies were made to move so the next chance you get simply take a walk, go for a run or practice some yoga.
Long Term Strategies:
- Get plenty of sleep. Puffy eyes are a common sign that you are not getting enough sleep. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Use an eye cream product. The SkinMedica TNS Eye Repair and SkinMedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream are two great options, improving firmness, hydrating the skin around the eyes and reducing the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex is another great eye product proven to diminish dark circles and puffiness. There is a good reason eye products are the fastest growing specialty cosmetic product on the market today.
- Try an Aesthetic Treatment. Facials stimulate circulation and blood flow which can help with puffiness and dark circles. “I sometimes like to incorporate an eye treatment with the facial,” says Donna Maccalupo, “to enhance a more youthful appearance.”
- Get a dermal filler treatment. “Juvederm or Restylane in the tear troughs can do wonders to erase dark shadows under the eyes,” says Rosalyn George, MD. These correcting procedures can be customized to your needs to give you a natural look while getting rid of the dark shadows or volume loss that contribute to an aging face. Treatments usually take 30-45min and have only minimal downtime.
Don’t forget to take care of the area around your eyes and you will be amazed at how great you look and feel!
Big News – Wilmington Dermatology Center is now the top for Botox Wilmington NC, and all of Southeastern NC by volume. When it comes to eliminating the signs of aging such as lines and wrinkles, Botox is the quick, safe, and easy way to making a meaningful change in your appearance. Although a Botox treatment may not be a long visit, it is important that you trust your appearance to experienced professionals with extensive training. Wilmington Dermatology Center, featuring Dr. Rosalyn George, Melanie Adams PA-C, and Karin Hipp PA-C have recently been recognized by Allergan as the top Botox account by volume in Wilmington NC and all of South Eastern NC. Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff perform numerous Botox treatments on a daily basis and are familiar with advanced techniques for amazing, yet natural results. The beauty behind our approach is that you look younger, not like you have had “Work” done. Not only has Wilmington Dermatology Center being recognized as the top for Botox Wilmington, NC and South Eastern NC, it was also recently recognized as a Diamond Account by Allergan, which means WDC is in the top 2% of practices in the nation. Our overall volume speaks to day to day experience and the loyalty of our satisfied clients, however these reasons alone may not be the only reasons you consider WDC. Dr. Rosalyn George has also been identified as an official trainer for Botox, Juvederm and Voluma by the maker of Botox. What does that mean? – it means that based on her skills and experience, she trains other physicians offices on how to perform Botox, Juvederm and Voluma treatments – including some in Wilmington. Finally, when it comes to filler treatments you also want to make sure your physician has the skills and experience to get you those amazing results. Our advanced techniques focus on not just filling lines, but addressing the entire face. So when Voluma XC was going to be launched at the end of 2013, Allergan the maker of this dermal filler turned to an elite group of dermatologists and plastic surgeons in the US to form the Voluma Facial Aesthetics Advisory Board – Dr. Rosalyn George was one of the few selected throughout the US and only 1 of only two individuals from North Carolina – The only physician in South Eastern NC.