The Fall weather is finally here, which means long pants, a cozy sweater and our favorite fall boots! In the world of Dermatology it also means….laser season! It’s the time of year where, as long as we aren’t doing any tropical vacationing, laser procedures are a go. Today, we want to focus on our laser hair removal device, the Light Sheer® Duet™.
Many of you are probably already familiar with laser hair removal, since it is one that’s been around for quite some time. For those who aren’t as familiar, here are some of the must knows before choosing where and what device to go with for your treatment.
- ALL laser hair removal devices target color, so if you have grey/white/light hair any device will not effectively treat these areas. Electrolysis is another hair removal method. Unlike laser hair removal, electrolysis can be used on all hair color, including white/light hair. While laser hair removal is only used on dark hair, it is a less painful and faster option for hair removal.
- While laser hair removal is effective in removing hair on patients of all skin type, it is most effective on light skin with dark hair.
- Depending on your skin and hair color we typically recommend 4-7 treatments for lighter skin patients and 5-9 treatments for darker skin patients. Why so many treatments? Well, our hair goes through a number of growth cycles, and in order to get a permanent hair reduction we need to ensure we target the hair at ever cycle giving you optimal results.
- It’s very important to remember to save laser hair removal for the not so sunny months in order to avoid any post-inflammatory skin reaction and possible scarring.
- Here’s a big one. We stress this one with all cosmetic and medical procedures-the importance of going to an experienced healthcare professional in order to avoid complications from procedures.
What makes our Light Sheer® Duet™ different from the other standard laser hair removal devices on the market?
- The Light Sheer® Duet™. was created for patient comfort-designed with a vaccum-assist technology to minimize any discomfort during treatment.
- Light Sheer® Duet™. is significantly larger than other devices cutting our treatment time down dramatically. We can treat a full back area in around 15-20 minutes total!
- WDC is the only practice in Wilmington, NC to offer the Light Sheer® Duet™, which is known as the Gold Standard of laser hair removal lasers on the market. We are also one of the only practices around that doesn’t require any kind of contracts.
If you think you may be a good candidate, take advantage of our complimentary consultations with our cosmetic coordinator or laser specialists to determine if this treatment is right for you!Tags: laser hair removal, light sheer duet