Restylane® Lyft is the first and only FDA-approved filler indicated to provide lift to cheeks and add volume to correct and smooth smile lines (nasolabial folds).
A Restylane® Lyft procedure begins with the application of a topical Lidocaine-based cream to numb the areas. The cream is typically left on for ten to fifteen minutes. Once the area is numb, the area is then cleansed and prepped. This cosmetic procedure may require multiple injections and takes anywhere from thirty to forty minutes. As with any injectable procedure, there is a chance of bruising, and all patients are giving a cooling agent immediately following the procedure to decrease swelling. There may be some mild redness and swelling at the injection site, and we suggest a full week to see optimal results.
The cost of Restylane® Lyft is dependent on the number of syringes used at the time of the treatment. Your provider will discuss the suggested number of syringes for optimal results.
Restylane® Lyft, developed by Galderma, is also eligible for credit towards Their Aspire Galderma Rewards Program, Make your Restylane® Lyft treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards. They give you simple ways to earn exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.
Sign up for your free membership at your first visit and receive an instant reward!
Why Restylane® Lyft at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center holds rank as the top Coastal NC practice by Galderma. Dr. Rosalyn George is a trainer with Galderma, the producer of Restylane® Lyft, and leads training sessions for Restylane® Lyft and a number of other injectables. At Wilmington Dermatolgy Center, we are focused on giving our patients the best natural results.
Our staff is all highly trained and experienced with these and other injectable treatments.
Restylane® Lyft History
Restylane injectable gel is the world’s most studied wrinkle filler with more than a decade of use. Restylane has been used in more than 15 million treatments in more than 65 countries worldwide. Products in the Restylane family also have well-defined safety profiles. Restylane® Lyft received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval to market in 2015 for cheek augmentation and the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21. Restylane® Lyft, formerly marketed as Perlane-L®, is an injectable gel used to increase volume and smooth wrinkles in the face. With this new indication, Restylane® Lyft is the first and only FDA approved filler indicated to provide fullness to the midface area (cheeks) and to correct and smooth the nasolabial folds (“smile lines”).
Restylane® Lyft FAQ
How long do Restylane® Lyft results last?
- Restylane® Lyft clinical studies report that after the optimal of treatments are conducted per your provider, your results last up to 12 months.
When will I see results?
- Restylane® Lyft results are immediate, with mild swelling and sensitivity up to 24 hours.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While some products may be similar, your provider can assist in determining the product best suitable for your goals and budget.
Can I schedule a Restylane® Lyft treatment the day before a big event?
- As any injectable product, Restylane® Lyft treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising lasting up to one week. Usually injection point swelling and redness is gone within 24 hours.
Can I get Restylane® Lyft done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Restylane® Lyft the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
Does the Restylane® Lyft procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe Restylane® Lyft as a pinch with pressure. Lidocaine, a common local anesthetic, is mixed with the product to make the process more comfortable. Most patients may experience mild soreness up to 24 hours after the procedure.
What makes Restylane® Lyft different from Perlane®?
- Restylane® Lyft is formerly known as Perlane. It is the same product but is simply being rebranded by Galderma laboratories as Restylane Lyft to coincide with it’s FDA approval.
Does it really matter who does my Restylane® Lyft?
- Any authorized healthcare provider can technically use Restylane® Lyft, but it is highly recommended to use a provider with advanced techniques and knowledge in facial aesthetic/cosmetic procedures.
How much does Restylane® Lyft cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center determines cost based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies on the areas being treated and the patient’s specific needs. Providers can give you an estimated price prior to the procedure.
What happens if I need more correction or it didn’t quite work in an area?
- As a practice based on patient satisfaction and results, Wilmington Dermatology Center is happy to perform adjustments after your treatment. We are true believers that less is more, so there are many cases where we start more conservative and can add more to the treatment if necessary to give patients a more natural result.
Restylane® Lyft: Are you a Candidate?
Restylane® Lyft is a great non-surgical option to soften your smile lines and gift a lift to the cheek area that tends to lose volume over time. Men and women enjoy the benefits of this volume restoring filler, and we offer free consultations to determine if Restylane® Lyft, or another product, is best suited for your needs. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Restylane® Lyft, mainly Lidocaine, or have had allergic reactions to other hyaluronic acid products should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Patient Treatment Documents
Restylane Lyft Pre-Visit Instructions
Please download and view the Restylane® Lyft pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Restylane Lyft Post-Treatment Instructions
Please download and view the Restylane® Lyft post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.