Our eyes are often the first impression we make with others, and puffiness and dark circles shout aging and fatigue. Have you ever wondered, ” How do I get rid of the puffy bags and dark circles under my eyes?” Tired of feeling awake but looking asleep? Here are a few tips from the staff at Wilmington Dermatology Center to give your eyes a lift after a long work week, or just a little too much holiday fun and party rotating.
The Quick Fixes:
- Drink lots of water. Eye puffiness is a buildup up fluids around the eye area. Drinking plenty of water helps to flush the area under your eyes reducing puffiness and preventing water retention which leads to swelling.
- Apply a cold compress. Cucumbers, frozen tea bags or metal spoons all work great to temporarily reduce puffiness.
- Get some exercise – This improves circulation, moving fluids through your body rather than letting them accumulate. Our bodies were made to move so the next chance you get simply take a walk, go for a run or practice some yoga.
Long Term Strategies:
- Get plenty of sleep. Puffy eyes are a common sign that you are not getting enough sleep. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Use an eye cream product. The SkinMedica TNS Eye Repair and SkinMedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream are two great options, improving firmness, hydrating the skin around the eyes and reducing the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex is another great eye product proven to diminish dark circles and puffiness. There is a good reason eye products are the fastest growing specialty cosmetic product on the market today.
- Try an Aesthetic Treatment. Facials stimulate circulation and blood flow which can help with puffiness and dark circles. “I sometimes like to incorporate an eye treatment with the facial,” says Donna Maccalupo, “to enhance a more youthful appearance.”
- Get a dermal filler treatment. “Juvederm or Restylane in the tear troughs can do wonders to erase dark shadows under the eyes,” says Rosalyn George, MD. These correcting procedures can be customized to your needs to give you a natural look while getting rid of the dark shadows or volume loss that contribute to an aging face. Treatments usually take 30-45min and have only minimal downtime.
Don’t forget to take care of the area around your eyes and you will be amazed at how great you look and feel!Tags: dark under eye circles, dermal filler, dr. rosalyn george, Juvederm, puffy bags under eyes, puffy eyes, restylane, TNS eye repair, top wilmington dermatologist, WDC tips, wilmington dermatology center