Liposonix® is a highly versatile treatment that controls precisely how and where the energy is delivered. Typical treatment areas are the targeted fat around your waistline and love handles. On average, Liposonix® patients see about a 1 inch reduction after a single one-hour treatment—equivalent to roughly one pant or dress size. Results can be expected in an 8-12 week period of time, giving your body the opportunity to naturally process the treated fat. Liposonix® is meant to treat patients close to their ideal body weight and is a great versatile contouring mechanism for unwanted wanted fat.
History behind Liposonix®
There have been many other non-invasive fat reduction technologies surfacing in the past with scattered energy administration and temporary results at best. It wasn’t until Liposonix® and Coolsculpting® that there have been proven, long-lasting results. Liposonix® received it’s FDA approval in September of 2011, and became available for use in the U.S in January of 2012. Liposonix® treatment for ultrasonic liposuction has undergone ten years of research and testing. Liposonix® has been available in Europe, Japan, and Canada for several years with a well-defined safety profile.
What to expect from Liposonix®
After determining Liposonix® is the best treatment for your goals during our free consultation, the process itself is quite simple. Our highly trained and qualified nurse will take a series of images in order to gauge results, as well as note key measurements for a stable baseline. Patients are then brought to the Liposonix® suite where a template of the treatment area is marked. Dr. George determines the number of pulses needed for optimal results is established, whereupon you’ll be treated with Liposonix® transducer—a slight discomfort, cold, prickling, tingling or warm sensation as described by past patients. Treatment can take anywhere from thirty minutes to one hour depending on treatment area and size. After treatment, there may be some discomfort (pain), bruising, redness, and swelling, generally described as mild. One of the most appealing aspects of Liposonix® is that you can go back to your normal activities without any restrictions. Over the following eight to twelve weeks, your body will naturally process and remove the destroyed fat tissue leaving you with a smoother, slimmer and more contoured look.
Why Liposonix® at the Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Like many other innovative technologies, Wilmington Dermatology Center was the first practice to introduce Liposonix® to Wilmington, NC and currently the only provider in Wilmington with this technology. Differing from other non-invasive body contouring devices that are limited in their ability to treat certain areas, Liposonix® allows for a highly versatile and customizable treatment in just one session. Recognized as the top provider in all of North Carolina in 2012, Wilmington Dermatology Center is dedicated to continue bringing the most innovative and effective treatments to our area.
Liposonix® Treatment Results
In a clinical study, the average waistline reduction after a single one-hour treatment was about one inch, which is typically equal to one dress or pant size. Full results are usually seen in 8 to 12 weeks, though individual results will vary.
Am I a candidate for Liposonix®?
Many men and women have experienced the benefits of the Liposonix® technology. The tag line if you can “pinch-an-inch” has remained a basic staple in determining if you may be a good candidate for this fat-reduction procedure. Ideal candidates have good overall health and have a BMI of equal to or less than 30. While this is not a replacement for surgical procedures, it is a great option for those looking to rid themselves of stubborn areas of fat not responding to diet and exercise. Taking advantage of our free consults will enable our providers to take a look at your stubborn areas, and determine if Liposonix® or another fat-reduction procedure is the best course of action.
Liposonix® pricing varies based on the size of the areas being treated. Since the Liposonix® platform allows you to customize the specific areas to be treated, Dr. Rosalyn George will work with you to determine your specific treatment plan and pricing. Example pricing for commonly treated areas are as follows:
- Flanks(both sides): $1300
- Abdomen (stomach area): $2000
- Flanks & Abdomen: $3000
Top 10 Liposonix® FAQ
Where does the fat go after a Liposonix® treatment?
- The treated fat tissue is removed through the body’s natural healing and elimination process, leaving you with a thinner, more contoured waistline.
How will the doctor know if Liposonix® is the best treatment for me?
- The Wilmington Dermatology professionals are well versed in Liposonix® technology. We evalutate you on a variety of factors to determine if Liposonix® is the right treatment for you, including amount of fat in the treatment area and your overall health.
How long does the treatment take?
- A typical Liposonix® treatment for abdomen and flanks takes one hour.
Is Liposonix® treatment different from other fat reduction treatments?
- Unlike some other fat reduction procedures that often require multiple treatments to see results, the Liposonix® treatment reduces your waistline by an average of 1 inch (2.5 cm), or about one dress or pant size, with a single one-hour treatment.
Does the Liposonix® procedure hurt?
- As with most aesthetic treatments, patients have different skin types and tolerance for discomfort and may experience a range of responses. Some patients report only mild sensations during Liposonix® treatment while others have noted significant discomfort. We have developed our own treatment protocols to alleviate discomfort but there is no discomfort after the treatment ends.
How much does Liposonix® cost?
- Liposonix® pricing varies based on the size of the areas being treated. Since the Liposonix® platform allows you to customize the specific areas to be treated, Dr. Rosalyn George will work with you to determine your specific treatment plan and pricing.
What will happen after the Liposonix® treatment?
- After treatment, patients may experience some discomfort (pain), bruising, redness and swelling, which are generally described as mild.
How many treatments will I need?
- Unlike other fat reduction procedures, results are seen after one treatment in as little as eight to twelve weeks.
What is the difference between Liposonix® and Coolsculpting®?
- While both devices are non-invasive options for fat reduction, there is one major difference. Coolsculpting® relies on the freezing of fat cells to destroy them, while Liposonix® uses high frequency ultrasound to heat and damage the tissue. While Liposonix® offers a more customizable solution with the versatile hand piece, it is best to seek the expertise of your healthcare provider to determine which option is better for your specific area of concern.
Will Liposonix® help me lose weight?
- Liposonix® is not a weight loss procedure. Since it is only the fat cells being disrupted in Liposonix® you may not notice a significant loss in weight, but rather a loss in circumference inch(es).
Patient Treatment Documents
Liposonix Pre-Visit Instructions
Please download and view the Liposonix® pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Liposonix® in the Media
Liposonix, a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure, has been featured on The Today Show, The View, 20/20, and The Doctors. Articles featuring Liposonix have been seen in The Business Times, Elle, Vogue, and Allure.
* Results may vary
Dr. George discusses Liposonix®
Want to get rid of stubborn fat? Dr. George will explain how Liposonix might be your answer!