Restylane® Silk is clinically proven and used to treat the lips and fine lines around the mouth.
It is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid.
This product differs from other traditional fillers, in that it uses smaller and thinner particles, allowing us to place it more superficially, thus being able to treat the smaller thinner lines without over-filling. This great non-surgical option with minimal downtime allows patients to get immediate, natural results lasting anywhere from six to nine months. Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on natural looking results, and Restylane® Silk has allowed just that. Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultations allow us to discuss your specific concerns, and advise what product is best suitable for your desired outcome.
Once a Restylane® Silk treatment plan has been determined, Wilmington Dermatology professionals apply a topical Lidocaine-based numbing cream to the area(s) being treated. The numbing cream takes affect after 10-15 minutes, whereupon the area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped with an alcohol swab. A needle is then used at the appropriate injection sites; and depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections. A typical visit lasts 30-40 minutes.
Restylane® Silk contains Lidocaine in the gel, a common anesthetic, which helps patients tolerate the minor pinch and pressure at the injection sites. Depending on the areas being treated, our providers are also highly trained with the use of a cannula, which is a blunt-tipped needle, enabling us to make less injection points and minimize potential for bruising.
Results are seen immediately after the procedure and full correction within a week.
Unlike other traditional fillers, it has been found that Restylane® Silk has a tendency to swell more if iced post procedure, so there is very minimal after-care. There is the potential for swelling and bruising, but it should last no longer than a week.
The cost of Restylane® Silk is dependent on the number of syringes used and the areas treated at the time of the appointment. An optimal treatment plan and cost will be discussed during the free consultation with a provider.
Restylane® Silk, developed by Galderma, is also eligible for credit towards Their Aspire Galderma Rewards Program, Make your Restylane® Silk treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards. They give you simple ways to earn exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.
Sign up for your free membership at your first visit and receive an instant reward!
Dr. George discusses Restylane® Silk
Dr. George is a trainer for Galderma products, which includes Restylane® Silk.
Check to see how Restylane® Silk will not only enhance your lips, but leave you with a natural look.
Why Treat At Wilmington Dermatology Center?
When it comes to looking younger, a customized treatment plan is necessary for getting the best results. It’s important to choose an experienced and well-trained provider for the job. Dr. Rosalyn George is a trainer for all of the Galderma products and other injectables for many physicians’ offices. Wilmington Dermatology Center in Wilmington, NC has also been recognized as the Top Coastal NC practice by Galderma. All of our providers are highly trained, experienced professionals that are results driven to give you the most natural looking results.
Restylane® Silk History
Restylane® Silk FAQs
- Restylane® Silk can last anywhere from six to nine months.
When will I see Restylane® Silk results?
- Restylane® Silk results are immediate, and you can expect full correction within seven days.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of products for facial wrinkles, Restylane® Silk is the preferred product for targeting the fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth area.
Can I get Restylane® Silk the day before a big event?
- A Restylane® Silk treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there we have found that there is significantly more swelling with Restylane® Silk than other products, so we would not recommend it.
Does the Restylane® Silk procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe Restylane® Silk as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience. Our providers are also highly trained with cannula use, enabling us to get a full correction with less injections and risk of bruising.
How does Restylane® Silk get rid of my wrinkles?
- Restylane® Silk builds up the lost natural hyaluronic acid in the skin and fills in the fine lines and wrinkles more superficially than traditional fillers.
Does it really matter who does my Restylane® Silk?
- While Restylane® Silk has become a commonly used injectable filler product, it is highly advised that you go to a skilled professional for the procedure. There are certain techniques used for the injections, so you want to be sure to go to someone who knows that they’re doing.
How much does Restylane® Silk cost?
- The Restylane® Silk Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure.
Can I get Restylane® Silk done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Restylane® Silk the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 2 week follow up visit for the Restylane® Silk procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary.
Are You a Candidate for Restylane® Silk?
Restylane® Silk is an excellent treatment for men and women looking to target the finer lines and wrinkles in the face. At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we always offer free cosmetic procedure consultations and encourage anyone considering Restylane® Silk or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Restylane® Silk, mainly Lidocaine, have had allergic reactions to other hyaluronic acid products or have an infection at the planned injection site should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose to their physician whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breast-feeding.