Restylane® Refyne is a clear gel injectable filler used today by men and women to provides a medium lifting effect, and is commonly used to treat moderate wrinkles and lines. The most common treatment areas are nasolabial folds, or more commonly known as laugh lines. Like the majority of injectable fillers, Restylane® Refyne is made out of primarily a clear hyaluronic gel, which is a natural substance found in our bodies that we lose over time. This scientifically-advanced gel is manufactured with XpresHAn Technology (pronounced ex-ˈspre-shən), creating gels that offer a range of flexibility and support for varied patient needs. Restylane® Refyne provides options for patients who want to make sure they can achieve natural-looking results, which is a key need to most patients. This great non-surgical option with minimal downtime allows patients to get immediate, natural results lasting up to twelve months.
Wilmington Dermatology Center offer complimentary consultations, which we use for patients to discuss their concerns and enables our staff to focus on your personal goals. We evaluate the main areas of concern and work together to identify where the patient will receive the most benefit.
Once a Restylane® Refyne treatment plan has been determined, Wilmington Dermatology professionals apply a topical Lidocaine-based numbing cream to the area(s) being treated. The numbing cream takes affect after 10-15 minutes, whereupon the area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped with an alcohol swab. A needle is then used at the appropriate injection sites; and depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections. A typical visit lasts 30-40 minutes.
Restylane® Refyne contains Lidocaine in the gel, a common anesthetic, which helps patients tolerate the minor pinch and pressure at the injection sites. Results are seen immediately after the procedure and full correction within a week. There is minimal downtime associated with Restylane® Refyne. Patients are given a cooling agent to apply to the treated areas immediately following the procedure. There is the potential for swelling and bruising, but it should last no longer than a week.The cost of Restylane® Refyne is dependent on the number of syringes used and the areas treated at the time of the appointment. An optimal treatment plan and cost will be discussed during the free consultation with a provider.
Restylane® Refyne developed by Galderma, is also eligible for credit towards their Aspire Galderma Rewards Program, Make your Restylane® Refyne treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards. They give you simple ways to earn exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.
Sign up for your free membership at your first visit and receive an instant reward!
Why treat at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
When it comes to the world of facial rejuvenation, it’s so important to make sure an experienced and well-trained provider is treating you. There are also so many options for non-surgical rejuvenation; you want to be sure you are getting an optimal facial rejuvenation treatment for you’re the money you are spending. Wilmington Dermatology Center holds rank as the top Coastal NC practice by Galderma. Dr. Rosalyn George is a trainer with Galderma, the producer of Restylane® Refyne , and leads training sessions for Restylane® Lyft and a number of other injectables.
Restylane Refyne® History
Restylane® Refyne was first approved in Europe in 2010 under the brand name Emervel® and has a proven safety profile demonstrated by more than one million treatments worldwide. These next-generation dermal fillers were designed using a unique manufacturing process called XpresHAn Technology, which creates a smooth, injectable gel that can give your skin natural-looking results. XpresHAn Technology customizes the degree of HA (hyaluronic acid) crosslinking in each product, resulting in gels with a range of flexibility and support characteristics for different patient needs. Restylane® Refyne is designed to be very flexible and provide subtle support.
Restylane Refyne® FAQ:
How long does Restylane® Refyne last?
- Restylane® Refyne has been proven to last up to 12 months.
When will I see Restylane® Refyne results?
- Restylane® Refyne results are immediate, and you can expect full correction within seven days.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of products for facial wrinkles, Restylane® Refyne is mainly used in the nasolabial fold area for moderate wrinkles.
Can I get Restylane® Refyne the day before a big event?
- A Restylane® Refyne treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising that may last anywhere up to a week.
Does the Restylane® Refyne procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe Restylane® Refyne as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience.
How does Restylane® Refyne get rid of my wrinkles?
- Restylane® Refyne builds up the lost natural hyaluronic acid in the skin. XpresHAn Technology customizes the degree of HA crosslinking in each product, resulting in gels with a range of flexibility and support characteristics to add volume in the areas of wrinkling. Restylane® Refyne is designed to be very flexible and provide subtle support,
Does it really matter who does my Restylane® Refyne
- While Restylane® Refyne is in the Restylane family, which has been around for some time, there are specialty injection techniques and skills required to maintain a natural and even look. It is highly recommended that a well-trained medical provider, who knows and has extensive experience with facial anatomy, perform the procedure in order to prevent complications and give you the best possible results.
How much does Restylane® Refyne cost?
- The Restylane® Refyne Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure.
Can I get Restylane® Refyne done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Restylane® Refyne the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 2 week follow up visit for the Restylane® Refyne procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary.
Are you a Candidate for Restylane®Refyne?
Restylane®Refyne is one of the first next-generation fillers to hit the marker in 2017. Both men and women who are bothered by the lines running from the nose to outer lip that occur with aging, have been successfully treated with Restylane®Refyne . At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we always offer free cosmetic procedure consultations and encourage anyone considering Restylane®Refyne or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Restylane®Refyne, mainly Lidocaine, have had allergic reactions to other hyaluronic acid products or have an infection at the planned injection site should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose to their physician whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breast-feeding. Take a moment to view this complete list of side effects and important safety information.
Patient Treatment Documents:
Please download and view the Restylane Refyne® pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Please download and view the Restylane Refyne® post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.