The latest and greatest in radio frequency and microneedling technology all combined into one simple treatment.
INFINI is a unique technology that’s main goal is to smooth wrinkles, address scarring, and tighten the skin.
The treatment depth and energy levels enable a multi-layered approach for customized treatments, regardless of skin type or tan. The INFINI creates thousands of targeted coagulations zones under the skin using a combination of micro needles and radio frequency to deliver precise heat, rather than laser light, to the treated area. The discrete coagulative injury zones in the dermis spare the epidermis. The natural healing process, following the skin rejuvenation treatment, replaces the damaged zones with new collagen and elastin resulting in tighter, smoother skin.
One of the things that sets the INFINI apart from other rejuvenation lasers on the market is it’s ability to treat any time of the year, on any skin type even when tanned, unlike most laser technology. Wilmington Dermatology professionals are able to customize treatment plans for specific needs to each individual patient and the recommended number of treatments can be addressed at your complimentary cosmetic consult.
What to Expect with INFINI
Prior to your first INFINI appointment we recommend coming into the office for a comprehensive consult. Wilmington Dermatology Center will take before pictures in order to track results over the treatment period. We take extensive measures to ensure that the treatment area is cleansed before using an injectable anesthetic to make you more comfortable during the procedure; once the anesthetic has had a moment to take effect we begin the INFINI procedure. Full face and neck treatments are typically done in the same appointment and take about 30 minutes to complete. Depending on the size, location, and condition of the area being treated the treatment times may vary. Since INFINI is tailored to your desired outcome, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, you can be expected to experience redness that could last up to 48 hours. A cooling agent is provided immediately following the procedure as well as an extensive overview of side effects. All INFINI patients are provided with Dr. Rosalyn George’s personal contact information if any concerns arise outside of normal business hours. For optimal results, it can take 2-3 treatments and full results take the standard 3-6 months to fully achieve (when the collagen remodeling is complete.) Results can last for a number of years depending on your age and skin condition.
Why INFINI at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Dr. Rosalyn George and the rest of the Wilmington Dermatology Center staff have proven their dedication and passion for skincare by being recognized as one of the leading practices in all of Eastern North Carolina. We have continued to bring the newest in innovative technology to the Wilmington Market for years and our providers take the time to sit down with you to discuss your skincare goals and determine a clear treatment plan for your specific concerns. With the INFINI we have the unique capability to fully customize your treatment for your skincare needs, allowing you to see improvements after your first visit.
History of INFINI
Radio frequency use in medical treatments has over a 70 year history. It has been used for multiple applications but the most exciting innovations recently have been in skin tightening. Thermage in 2002 was the first to market a device which was FDA approved to tighten skin and improve wrinkles. Since then, there have been a least a dozen devices come to market with similar technology, but the INFINI has since be noted as a game changer in Radio Frequency technology allowing for a controlled and precise treatment customized to each patient of every skin tone. INFINI is cleared with FDA approval for treatment of facial wrinkles.
The results of treatment are both immediate and progressive. Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer and look brighter. The next 4 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal and the collagen is rebuilding itself. Since the INFINI is rebuilding your own collagen, the results vary depending on how you take care of your skin. See the results for yourself in these real experiences of INFINI patients. The INFINI laser is a unique, innovative, and one-of-a-kind procedure that has changed the world of radio frequency treatments. The INFINI is safe and effective for the treatment of:
- Fine lines and smoothing of the skin
- Scarring / Acne Scarring
- Sagging Skin and improved elasticity
INFINI Video Overview:
For a single INFINI treatment- $1,000. For a package purchase of 3 treatments- $2,650. At WDC, there are no package commitments.
Top 10 INFINI FAQs
How long will the visits last?
- Depending on the size, location and condition of the area to be treated, INFINI treatment can take as little as 20-40 minutes.
How many treatments will I need?
- The number of treatments you will need depends on your goals, desired outcomes and lifestyle. We will work with you to weigh the aggressiveness of treatment with your desired outcome. Typically, patients receive their desired outcomes in 2-3 treatments.
What does the treatment feel like?
- Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, injectable lidocaine numbing is placed under the skin prior to the procedure.
What will happen after the treatment?
- Most patients will experience redness from the procedure that subsides within 24-48 hours. Since we are breaking down and rebuilding collagen, the results will be seen gradually over a 3-6 month period of time.
How is INFINI Dual different from other laser skin rejuvenation procedures?
- Not only is INFINI using radio frequency technology instead of laser technology, it allows us to Penetrate the skin to the level you would like to heat with microneedles and bypass the superficial layer that must stay cool and untreated. You can heat the deeper tissues to a much higher level with this technique, leading to greater collagen remodeling, collagen contraction, and stimulation. INFINI also allows you to treat on all skin types at any time of the year, without risk of pigmentation changes that can potentially occur with fractionated lasers.
How long will the positive effects of INFINI last?
- It varies depending on your particular condition of skin and how you care for it. Results can last for years if you continue to protect your skin as advised by you healthcare provider.
What are expected side effects of INFINI?
- Redness for the first 24-48 hours is the most common INFINI side effect. After the procedure, you will be provided with a full list of instructions on care and expectations.
How much does INFINI cost?
- The cost of INFINI depends on the areas being treated and the recommended number of treatments suggested by your provider. Treatment package pricing is also available to offset the total cost with no package commitments. It is best to seek an estimated price from your healthcare provider, since every case is different.
What areas of the skin can be treated?
- The INFINI can be used on all areas of the body including, but not limited to face, neck, abdomen, and arms. There are no limitations as to where the skin can treated on the body,so we can customize your personal treatment to your specific problem area.
How far in between do the INFINI treatments have to be?
- We recommend 4-6 weeks in between sessions to allow for full healing time.
Are you a candidate for INFINI? INFINI is suited for men and women who have areas of the body where they would like improve elasticity, superficial fine lines and wrinkles, and scarring. The INFINI is also a great option for darker skin tones with no risk of hyperpigmentation, unlike laser treatments. Contact Wilmington Dermatology Center today to setup your free cosmetic consultation and find out if INFINI is the right option for you.