Collagen PIN Micro-Needling
As we age our ability to regenerate new skin cells and collagen diminishes.
Years of trauma to our skin leaves a lasting mark, contributing to aging factors such as scarring, pigmentation, fine lines, and overall pore size and texture. There are a wide away of effective methods to treat and rejuvenate your skin from laser based treatments, chemical peels and finally micro-needling.
Micro-needling is a method of introducing a controlled wound into the skin triggering a release of natural growth factors, new collagen & elastin.
This process causes much less damage to the epidermis than dermal rolling and other ablative treatments, which helps to protect the new skin cell growth providing for quicker healing and a much higher success rate for overall and longer lasting results.
What is Automated Micro-Needling and the Collagen PIN?
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy or PCIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance. During this procedure, tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. A topical serum is also applied to clean skin (in most cases your practitioner will use a hyaluronic acid) this soothing product is chosen to help the Collagen P.I.N. Safety Micro-needle Cartridge glide smoothly across the skin’s surface while delivering the mechanical injury necessary to bring about the necessary change, and simultaneously delivering Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – the building blocks for healthy new skin – deep into the skin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker dermis with the appearance of softer wrinkles. Automated micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels which allow topical serums, and creams to be absorbed more effectively into the skin.
Dr. George discusses Collagen PIN
Dr. George discusses the innovative aesthetic treatment which helps diminish fine lines, acne scars, and improves overall skin appearance.
How is Collagen PIN different?
Micro-needling rollers are the previous generation of needling devices. One of the many drawbacks is that dermal rollers have a fixed needle or penetration depth (i.e. 0.5mm) which is not very conducive when treating an area like the face which requires different depths due to the thickness of skin tissue, which varies in depth tremendously depending on the area being treated. Therefore, having a fixed needle depth or penetration level is a huge drawback when trying to customize a treatment for consistency. Collagen P.I.N. ™ has an adjustable needle depth that allows your skincare provider to vary the depth of penetration throughout the entire treatment. This will allow the medical provider to properly address the specific needs of thinner skin on your lower eyelids, crow’s feet, and forehead. Additionally where the tissue is thicker in other areas like the upper lip, cheeks (due to fat pads), neck, and décolletage, the necessary adjustments can easily be treated with 1 needle tip instead of 5 or 6 needle rollers.
What to expect during a Collagen PIN treatment
When you arrive your skin will be cleansed and a topic anesthetic will be applied 30 minutes prior to your treatment. Your anesthetic will then be removed and your skin will be cleansed again to make sure there is nothing on your skin prior to treatment. A sterile needle-tip containing 36 tiny micro-needles is attached to the Collagen P.I.N. Your skincare professional will apply a thin layer of topical Hyaluronic serum to your skin and select the appropriate treatment depth based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the Collagen P.I.N. will be gently glided across the skin in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered. This results in thousands of microscopic channels throughout the entire treatment area. The repair process, Collagen Induction Therapy, begins almost immediately. Fibroblasts – the cells that synthesize new collagen – are active for up to as much as one year after just one Collagen P.I.N. treatment. Depending on your specific needs additional serums may be added. Your practitioner will select the appropriate needle depth and number of passes required to properly treat your concerns based upon your individual skin health and skin regimen.
Collagen PIN Results
The results of treatment are both immediate and progressive. Many individuals will begin to see the effectiveness of the treatment after their first visit, however a series of 3-6 treatments may be recommended depending on severity of their skin condition. The Collagen PIN micro-needling treatment is a safe and effective method to activate cellular regeneration while addressing an array of skin conditions including:
- Fine Lines
- Scar Revision (Acne, Body)
- Stretch Marks
- Fine lines
- Tone and Texture
Collagen PIN Pricing
Collagen PIN treatments are performed and priced based on a primary treatment area. Pricing below reflects a typical 1hr treatment session where a specific area would be addressed. A general treatment would include one of the following areas such as a face, décolleté, back, or specific scar revision area. It is imperative that the proper cosmeceutical products are utilized in conjunction with your treatment to avoid any adverse reactions, as micro-channels are being created in the skin. As part of your first treatment you will be provided with a take home kit of products you should use exclusively. Makeup used post-procedure should also be mineral based and your provider at WDC can provide you with the proper products to use post-treatment.
- $425/overall treatment area (includes required post-procedure product)
- $375/overall treatment area (excludes post-procedure product – an option if you still have product from a prior treatment)
Treatment package pricing is available to offset the total cost. With WDC, there are no package commitments.
Collagen PIN FAQs
How many treatments will I need?
- Typically a series of 3-6 Collagen P.I.N. treatments is recommended, depending upon your area of correction or concern. Your skincare professional will ultimately determine a treatment schedule based on your individual goals and desires. Treatments are usually spaced in 4 week intervals. Patients with deep wrinkles, advanced sun damage, stretch marks, or any type of scars, usually require 6 or more treatments to achieve the desired results.
How long will it take for me to see results?
- Most all patients see results after the first Collagen P.I.N. treatment. Individual results vary depending on individual skin health. It is most common to begin to see true changes or positive results as soon as 1-2 weeks after the first treatment. Many patients comment on positive changes in even less time. (Often change is noted within just a few days)
How long will my Collagen PIN results last?
- Collagen P.I.N. produces results through the stimulation of growth factors and collagen, thereby promoting new skin cells to surface. As our skin ages, our collagen production naturally slows down. Your overall result will last longer when using an at home skin care regimen that includes a daily Retinoid product. Your medical provider is best suited to make this recommendation. New collagen & elastin formation in the skin are documented as visually and measurably improved as much as one year after just one treatment. However, a series of treatments is typically recommended for best results.
Will the Collagen PIN treatment hurt?
- Prior to your treatment with the Collagen P.I.N., the medical provider will apply a topical numbing agent. Most people say they feel almost nothing after having been pretreated with a topical numbing agent. Others have rated the pain as a 2 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest level of pain.
How will I look after my Collagen PIN treatment?
- Collagen P.I.N. is considered a no downtime treatment. Immediately after your treatment your skin will look slightly pink to moderately red. Depending on your skin’s sensitivity your redness can last for another 24 hours. Your medical provider will recommend skin care products for your post care based on your individual skin, which will greatly minimize these symptoms and enhance your overall results.
Can I use makeup after my Collagen PIN treatment?
- Directly after your treatment we recommend using only mineral based foundation, as it cannot build bacteria. You may go back to your regular foundation 4 days post treatment.