Facial contouring and cosmetic techniques have come improved and come a long way in recent years. Silhouette InstaLift TM is no exception. While wrinkles, brown spots and lost volume can be treated with existing procedures, until now there has been no minimally invasive way to lift the deeper layers of mid-facial skin, one of the major contributors to an aged and tired appearance. Silhouette InstaLift TM is the only treatment with a unique dual action that adds volume for a natural look AND re-positions the skin by lifting sagging areas of the mid-face.
Silhouette InstaLift TM is a resorbable suspension suture with bidirectional cones. Each cone has a smooth 360º surface, which immediately provides an anchoring point in the subcutaneous tissue. Silhouette InstaLift is made from Polyglycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a well-known biomedical co-polymer that is generally well-tolerated in the body. Once implanted, Silhouette InstaLift TM provides mechanical fixation of the tissue until collagen production and subsequent encapsulation of the suture in collagen takes place, which is the start of the biological fixation. This action continues over time and helps to increase the volume and restore shapeliness to the face gradually and naturally.
Your provider will access and discuss if this minimally invasive technique is suitable for you and will create a customized treatment plan to achieve your desired results. Baseline procedure images are taken prior to the procedure and a topical aesthetic is then applied to your mid-face. During the procedure, the provider will use sutures with bidirectional cones to re-position and elevate the skin on your face. The in-office procedure can typically be completed in approximately 45 minutes. Results are seen immediately with minimal recovery time, although you may experience an inflammatory process with minor pain, swelling, and bruising. Over time the sutures will naturally be absorbed by your body, while stimulating the production of collagen.
Results from this procedure are seen immediately and gradually. The lifting of the deep layers of your mid-face area are visible immediately following your appointment, while there is a gradual stimulation and regeneration of collagen adding volume to the area. Results can last anywhere from 18 months to two years, varying per patient.
Silhouette InstaLift TM pricing is $3,000.
Add-on per suture: $500
Why Silhouette InstaLiftTM at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center prides itself in bringing the latest technology and cosmetic knowledge to the Wilmington area. Silhouette InstaLift TM is just that. This technology changes the facial rejuvenation game offering an in-office, dual-action treatment with minimal downtime. Dr. Rosalyn George and the rest of the Wilmington Dermatology Center staff have proven their dedication and passion for skincare by being recognized as one of the leading practices in all of Eastern North Carolina. Our experience and innovation is evident as we continue to bring new technology and advanced training techniques in to the Wilmington, North Carolina market. All of our providers are highly trained, experienced professionals that are results driven to give you the most natural looking results.
Silhouette InstaLiftTM History?
Sinclair Pharmaceuticals announced in April 2015 that the Silhouette InstaLift had been FDA approved for mid-face suspension surgery to fixate the cheek sub dermis in an elevated position. Made out of Polyglycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a well-known biomedical co-polymer that is generally well-tolerated in the body, it has a long history of use as a resorbable suture and its break down process has been extensively studied.
Silhouette InstaLiftTM FAQ:
How long does Silhouette InstaLift TM last?
- Silhouette InstaLift TM has been studied and determined to last anywhere between 18 months and two-years with varying results.
When will I see Silhouette InstaLift TM results?
- Silhouette InstaLift TM results are seen immediately following the appointment and gradually over a six-week period of time, since it takes time to rebuild the lost collagen in the skin.
What is the difference between Silhouette InstaLift TM and other threading lifts?
The Silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom a facelift surgery is not their preferred approach. There have been several different suture lifts in the past that may have been pulled off the market because due to complications. The Instalift differs in that the material is resorbable and the suture material actually stimulates collagen as well. One of the main materials used in the Instalift is the main active ingredient in Sculptra,which is commonly used by advanced injectors for facial rejuvenation for collagen stimulation.
Can I get Silhouette InstaLift TM the day before a big event?
- A Silhouette InstaLift TM treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there is always the risk when injecting and in this case suturing, which can result in some swelling and possible bruising after the procedure.
Does the Silhouette InstaLift TM procedure hurt?
- With the injectable numbing done before the procedure, patients describe Silhouette InstaLift TM as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience.
How does Silhouette InstaLift TM lift the face?
- Silhouette InstaLift is made from Polyglycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a well-known biomedical copolymer that is generally well-tolerated in the body. Once implanted, Silhouette InstaLift TM provides mechanical fixation of the tissue until collagen production and subsequent encapsulation of the suture in collagen takes place, which is the start of the biological fixation. This action continues over time and helps to increase the volume and restore shapeliness to the face gradually and naturally.
Does it really matter who does my Silhouette InstaLift TM?
- Silhouette InstaLift TM is a technique driven procedure. It is highly advised that you go to a skilled professional for the procedure. There are certain techniques used for the injections, so you want to be sure to go to someone who knows that they’re doing.
How much does Silhouette InstaLift TM cost?
- The Silhouette InstaLift TM Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is $3,000 for the treatment.
Can I get Silhouette InstaLift TM done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Silhouette InstaLift TM the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
Is general anesthesia required?
- No. Only local anesthesia is used for this procedure, which enables it to be a 45-minute in-office procedure with minimal downtime.
Are you a Candidate for Silhouette InstaLiftTM?
If you want to improve rejuvenation your face and improve facial contouring, without going under the knife, Silhouette InstaLift TM may be a good choice for you. It is a preferred procedure for men and women suffering from volume loss in the cheek and mid-face. Both men and women can be good candidates, however, not everyone is. It is best to contact us and schedule a complimentary cosmetic procedure consultation to determine if this procedure is right for you.
Patient Treatment Documents
Please download and view the Silhouette InstaLift TM pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Please download and view the Silhouette InstaLift TM post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.