One of the primary reasons for visual facial aging is loss of collagen. Sculptra® Aesthetic is an injectable that targets the underlying cause of facial aging by gradually replacing the lost collagen. It’s used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds. As a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator, Sculptra® Aesthetic is different. It works with your body within the deep dermis, rather than topically, to help revitalize collagen production and help restore your skin’s inner structure and volume. The results of Sculptra® Aesthetic are seen gradually over a three-month period of time. This injectable, also know as the liquid facelift, is an excellent non-surgical option to rejuvenate the facial structure.
Once a treatment plan for Sculptra® Aesthetic has been determined, we must have a week prior to the procedure that requires us to diluted the Sculptra® Aesthetic with sodium chloride to ensure smooth lasting results after treatment. On the day of the procedure we choose three injection points on each cheek that are numbed with injectable lidocaine in order to make the procedure more comfortable. The Sculptra® Aesthetic is then diluted again with additional lidocaine before the procedure. Your provider will then begin the procedure, placing injections using specific injection techniques where we have already numbed the skin. After the procedure Vaseline is used to massage the injection points to smooth everything down and ice is provided to help with any swelling. Patients are instructed to massage the areas treated for five times a day for the next five days post procedure. There is the potential for swelling and bruising, but it should last no longer than a week.
Sculptra® Aesthetic pricing is determined per vials used, and your provider should be able to give you an estimate of cost prior to the procedure at our complimentary cosmetic consults. Sculptra® Aesthetic does sometimes require multiple procedures, since it is a rebuild of your own collagen, and follow-up appointments are recommended three months post procedure to gauge your results.
Make your Sculptra® Aesthetic treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards. They give you simple ways to earn exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey. Points are earned for treatments with the entire Galderma portfolio.
Why Treat at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center is known for our results in giving patients the most natural and cost effective results. With all injections, but specifically Sculptra® Aesthetic, you want to ensure you are going to someone who is experienced and knows what they’re doing. Dr. Rosalyn George is a trainer for all of the Galderma products and other injectables for many physicians’ offices. Wilmington Dermatology Center in Wilmington, NC has also been recognized as the Top Coastal NC practice by Galderma. All of our providers are highly trained, experienced professionals that are results driven to give you the most natural looking results.
Sculptra® Aesthetic History?
Sculptra is a proprietary formulation of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) that is FDA-approved dermal filler manufactured by Dermik Laboratories, which conducts the North American business of Aventis Dermatology. The FDA approved PLLA on August 3, 2004, for the treatment of facial fat loss. According to documents from the US Food and Drug Administration, the FDA initially approved the drug on the basis of small studies conducted on HIV patients, specifically “for restoration and/or correction of the signs of facial fat loss in people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It has since been approved by the FDA for use with non-HIV patients with wrinkles.
Sculptra® Aesthetic FAQ:
How long does Sculptra® Aesthetic last?
- Sculptra® Aesthetic has been studied and determined to last up to two years.
When will I see Sculptra® Aesthetic results?
- Sculptra® Aesthetic results are seen gradually over a three month period of time, since it takes time to rebuild the lost collagen in the skin.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of products for facial wrinkles, Sculptra® Aesthetic is a great solution for those seeking a more natural, gradual volume increase in their face. It is not typically recommended for patients over the age of 65.
Can I get Sculptra® Aesthetic the day before a big event?
- A Sculptra® Aesthetic treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there is a significant amount of fluid being injected into the skin, which can result in some swelling after the procedure.
Does the Sculptra® Aesthetic procedure hurt?
- With the injectable numbing done before the procedure, patients describe Sculptra® Aesthetic as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience.
How does Sculptra® Aesthetic get rid of my wrinkles?
- As the Sculptra® Aesthetic PLLA microparticles are absorbed, they help stimulate collagen production. Rebuilt collagen strands begin gradually helping to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds.
Does it really matter who does my Sculptra® Aesthetic?
- While Sculptra® Aesthetic has become a commonly used injectable product, it is highly advised that you go to a skilled professional for the procedure. There are certain techniques used for the injections, so you want to be sure to go to someone who knows that they’re doing.
How much does Sculptra® Aesthetic cost?
- The Sculptra® Aesthetic Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many vials are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure. The procedure typically requires multiple treatments, but we like to start off with less and gauge your results after a three-month period of time.
Can I get Sculptra® Aesthetic done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Sculptra® Aesthetic the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 3-month follow up visit for the Sculptra® Aesthetic procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary. The treatment usually takes multiple vials and a series of procedures, so it is best to discuss with your provider prior to the procedure.
Are you a Candidate for Sculptra® Aesthetic?
If you want to appear more youthful-looking, without appearing like you’ve had work done, then chances are Sculptra® Aesthetic may be a good choice for you. It is a preferred procedure for men and women suffering from sever volume loss in the cheek and temple area. At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we always offer free cosmetic procedure consultations and encourage anyone considering Sculptra® Aesthetic or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists.
Patient Treatment Documents
Sculptra Aesthetic Pre-Visit Instructions
Please download and view the Sculptra® Aesthetic pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Please download and view the Sculptra® Aesthetic post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.