Restylane® Defyne is another type of clear gel injectable filler that has hit the market in 2017. It is used today by men and women to treat deep wrinkles/folds or to replace lost volume under the skin. Ideal for use on deep nose to mouth lines (nasolabial folds) and sad mouth corners (marionette lines). With the latest technology in hyaluronic acid fillers, Restylane® Defyne is an effective and natural way to replace your skin’s natural hyaluronic acid loss over time. It allows the hyaluronic acid gel to flex within the skin as you move your face. So whether you’re smiling, frowning, or wrinkling your face any which way, the result looks soft and natural, not puffy or stiff. Results with Restylane® Defyne are seen immediately following the procedure and have been known to yield results up to a twelve-month period of time.
Once a Restylane® Defyne treatment plan has been determined, Wilmington Dermatology professionals apply a topical Lidocaine-based numbing cream to the area(s) being treated. The numbing cream takes affect after 10-15 minutes, whereupon the area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped with an alcohol swab. A needle is then used at the appropriate injection sites; and depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections. A typical visit lasts 30-40 minutes.
Restylane® Defyne contains Lidocaine in the gel, a common anesthetic, which helps patients tolerate the minor pinch and pressure at the injection sites. Results are seen immediately after the procedure and full correction within a week. There is minimal downtime associated with Restylane® Defyne. Patients are given a cooling agent to apply to the treated areas immediately following the procedure. Like all fillers there is the potential for swelling and bruising, but it should last no longer than a week.The cost of Restylane® Defyne is dependent on the number of syringes used and the areas treated at the time of the appointment. An optimal treatment plan and cost will be discussed during the free consultation with a provider.
Restylane® Defyne, developed by Galderma, is also eligible for credit towards their Aspire Galderma Rewards Program, Make your Restylane® Defyne treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards. They give you simple ways to earn exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.
Sign up for your free membership at your first visit and receive an instant reward!
Why Treat at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center has held a well-known reputation of being up to date on the latest and greatest technology for facial rejuvenation on the market. When it comes to getting optimal facial rejuvenation results, it is important to choose a highly trained and knowledgeable provider of facial anatomy to ensure natural and cost-effective results. Wilmington Dermatology Center holds rank as the top Coastal NC practice by Galderma. Dr. Rosalyn George is a trainer with Galderma, the producer of Restylane® Defyne, and leads training sessions for Restylane® Lyft and a number of other injectables.
Restylane® Defyne was first approved in Europe in 2010 under the brand name Emervel® and has a proven safety profile demonstrated by more than one million treatments worldwide. These next-generation dermal fillers were designed using a unique manufacturing process called XpresHAn Technology, which creates a smooth, injectable gel that can give your skin natural-looking results. XpresHAn Technology customizes the degree of HA (hyaluronic acid) crosslinking in each product, resulting in gels with a range of flexibility and support characteristics for different patient needs. Restylane® Defyne got it’s FDA approval in 2016. It is designed to be very flexible and provide treatment of moderate to severe, deep facial wrinkles and folds.
How long does Restylane® Defyne last?
- Restylane® Defyne has been proven to last up to twelve months.
When will I see Restylane® Defyne results?
- Restylane® Defyne results are immediate, and you can expect full correction within seven days.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of product options on the market, your provider will be able to guide you as to the best product for your treatment area and goals.
Can I get Restylane® Defyne the day before a big event?
- A Restylane® Defyne treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising that may last anywhere up to a week.
Does the Restylane® Defyne procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe Restylane® Defyne as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience. Our providers also have advanced techniques to help make the experience easier.
How does Restylane® Defyne get rid of my wrinkles?
- Restylane® Defyne uses the newest XpresHAn Technology customizing the degree of HA (hyaluronic acid) crosslinking in each product, resulting in gels with a range of flexibility and support that plump up the areas od concern.
Does it really matter who does my Restylane® Defyne?
- While Restylane® Defyne has been on the market in Europe for some time now, it is highly recommended that a well-trained medical provider, who knows and has extensive experience with facial anatomy, perform the procedure in order to prevent complications and give you the best possible results.
How much does Restylane® Defyne cost?
- The Restylane® Defyne Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure.
Can I get Restylane® Defyne done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Restylane® Defyne the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 2 week follow up visit for the Restylane® Defyne procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary.
Are you a Candidate for Restylane®Defyne?
Restylane® Defyne is one of the newest injectable filler products to hit the market. It is an ideal product for both men and women seeking correction of moderate to severe smile lines or nasolabial folds. At Wilmigton Dermatology Center we always offer free cosmetic procedure consultations and encourage anyone considering Restylane® Defyne or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Restylane® Defyne, mainly Lidocaine, have had allergic reactions to other hyaluronic acid products or have an infection at the planned injection site should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose to their physician whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breast-feeding.
Patient Treatment Documents:
Please download and view the Restylane® Defyne pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Please download and view the Restylane® Defyne post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.