Juvederm® XC is a clear gel injectable filler used today by men and women to soften deep folds and reduce wrinkles. Juvederm® XC is an effective and natural way to replace your skin’s natural Hyaluronic acid loss over time, bringing back its volume and softening facial wrinkles and folds. This smooth gel substance, primarily made out of hyaluronic acid, has many cosmetic benefits to each patient’s needs. While the main areas of use for Juvederm® XC are the nasolabial folds (also known as “smile lines”), Juvederm® XC can also be used to treat scarring, vertical lip lines, tear troughs, mouth corners and chin wrinkles. This great non-surgical option with minimal downtime allows patients to get immediate, natural results lasting anywhere from six to nine months. And Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultations gives patients the time to discuss concerns and our professional staff to focus on your personal goals. We evaluate the main areas of concern and work together to identify where the patient will receive the most benefit.
Once a Juvederm® XC treatment plan has been determined, Wilmington Dermatology professionals apply a topical Lidocaine-based numbing cream to the area(s) being treated. The numbing cream takes affect after 10-15 minutes, whereupon the area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped with an alcohol swab. A needle is then used at the appropriate injection sites; and depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections depending on areas being treated. A typical visit lasts 30-40 minutes.
Juvederm® XC contains Lidocaine in the gel, a common anesthetic, which helps patients tolerate the minor pinch and pressure at the injection sites. Results are seen immediately after the procedure and full correction within a week. There is minimal downtime associated with Juvederm® XC. Patients are given a cooling agent to apply to the treated areas immediately following the procedure. There is the potential for swelling and bruising, but it should last no longer than a week.
The cost of Juvederm® XC is dependent on the number of syringes used and the areas treated at the time of the appointment. An optimal treatment plan and cost will be discussed during the free consultation with a provider.
Juvederm® XC, developed by Allergan, is also eligible for credit towards Brilliant Distinctions, a free program in which you receive credit towards purchases and earn money saving coupons on future treatments or product purchases. Brilliant Distinctions is a great way for you to save money on your favorite products or treatments—and it’s FREE for you to sign up.
Why Treat at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
When it comes to looking younger, a customized treatment plan is necessary for getting the best results. It’s important to choose an experienced and well-trained provider for the job. Dr. Rosalyn George is a national trainer on Juvederm® XC and other injectables for many physicians offices. Wilmington Dermatology Center in Wilmington, NC represents the top 2% of practices in the nation by volume and is also acknowledged as not only the top Juvederm® XC and other injectables account in Wilmington, North Carolina but in all of southeastern North Carolina. Wilmington Dermatology Center is also accredited as a Black Diamond Account with Allergan, the maker of Juvederm® XC. Why trust anyone but the best when it comes to your customizable facial rejuvenation?
Juvederm ® XC History
It was discovered in 1934 that the main functions of hyaluronic acid included maintaining skin volume and hydration. By the 1990’s, Juvederm® XC was introduced into the medical field for use in eye surgery, treating wounds, and joint pain. Juvederm® XC became a common source in Europe in 1996 for cosmetic facial use. The US FDA approved the use of Juvederm® XC in 2006 and Juvederm® XC is currently the only FDA approved hyaluronic acid filler.
Juvederm ® XC FAQ
How long does Juvederm® XC last?
- Juvederm® XC can last anywhere from six to nine months.
When will I see Juvederm® XC results?
- Juvederm® XC results are immediate, and you can expect full correction within seven days.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of products for facial wrinkles, Juvederm® XC is the preferred product for many areas of treatment.
Can I get Juvederm® XC the day before a big event?
- A Juvederm® XC treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising that may last anywhere up to a week.
Does the Juvederm® XC procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe Juvederm® XC as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience.
How does Juvederm® XC get rid of my wrinkles?
- Juvederm® XC builds up the lost natural hyaluronic acid in the skin and adds volume to the treated areas.
Does it really matter who does my Juvederm® XC?
- While Juvederm® XC has become a commonly used injectable filler product, there are specialty injection techniques and skills required to maintain a natural and even look. It is highly recommended that a well-trained medical provider, who knows and has extensive experience with facial anatomy, perform the procedure in order to prevent complications and give you the best possible results.
How much does Juvederm® XC cost?
- The Juvederm® XC Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure.
Can I get Juvederm® XC done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Juvederm® XC the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 2 week follow up visit for the Juvederm® XC procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary.
Are You A Candidate for Juvederm® XC?
Juvdederm XC is a top-notch product for both men and women seeking smoother facial lines and facial volume restoration. At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we always offer free cosmetic procedure consultations and encourage anyone considering Juvederm® XC or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Juvederm® XC, mainly Lidocaine, have had allergic reactions to other hyaluronic acid products or have an infection at the planned injection site should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose to their physician whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breast-feeding. Take a moment to view this complete list of side effects and important safety information.
Patient Treatment Documents
Please download and view the Juvederm® XC pre-visit instructions ahead of your visit.
Please download and view the Juvederm® XC post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.
Dr. George discusses Juvederm® XC
Learn how Juvederm® XC softens deep folds and wrinkles.