Dysport® is another prescription injection used by men and women to treat stubborn frown lines—between the eyebrows, crow’s feet and other fine lines on the forehead. Dysport® is a purified form of botulinum toxin that has been shown to deliver temporary improvement in moderate to severe frown lines by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity, temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines and reducing the appearance of movement lines. Dysport® is another excellent, non-surgical option that reduces the effects of aging and helps regain a more youthful appearance.
At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are advocates of natural looking results. During a typical procedure, we evaluate which areas need to be treated based on your facial expressions and lines created. The area is cleaned and prepped with numbing cream if requested, and a small needle is then used at the injection sites. A visit typically lasts only 10 minutes long, and our patients easily tolerate the minor pinch sensation at the injection sites. Muscle control that creates your wrinkles begin to diminish in five to seven days, and full correction occurs in 14 days. There is no real downtime associated with a Dysport® treatment, although you may see slight redness at the injection site immediately after treatment that diminishes very quickly. The results of Dysport® (or competitive neurotoxin brands such as Botox or Xeomin) can last anywhere from three to four months.
Dysport® and other brand name toxins are priced based on the number of units used on the individual, and how much you will require is based on the areas you need treated and overall severity of wrinkles. Our providers can give you a quote based on a free consultation. Some practices quote based on an overall area, but Wilmington Dermatology Center bases cost on what is actually used. There is no question you are getting the best value. A note: Dysport® uses a different unit of measurement, so it’s important that you are aware if you are being priced based on cost per unit.
Dysport® is developed by Galderma and is eligible for credit towards their ASPIRE Galderma RewardsProgram, a free program in which you receive credit towards purchases and earn money saving coupons on future treatments.
History of Dysport®
Though Dysport® was approved by the FDA for use in the United States in 2009, it’s been used abroad for years. Dysport® first became available in the U.K. in 1991, where it was used to treat muscle spasms, particularly those of the face and neck. Dysport® has been used throughout Europe, and in a number of other countries, for years before making it’s mark on the U.S.
Why Dysport® at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center in Wilmington, NC has been recognized as the Top Coastal NC practice by Galderma, the makers of Dysport®. Our experience and advanced techniques drive our successful results and happy patients. We strive to give you the most natural and aesthetically pleasing results, without the overdone look. Dr. Rosalyn George is also a trainer for Galderma products including Dysport, Retylane Silk and Restylane Lyft where she trains other providers at other physian’s offices. Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff perform Dysport and other injectable treatments daily.
Dysport® Frequently Asked Questions:
We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 most common questions the Wilmington Dermatology Center receives about Dysport®.
How long does Dysport® last?
- You can expect Wilmington Dermatology Center Dysport® results to last three to four months.
When will I see results?
- Patients begin seeing results within five to seven days, with full correction at the fourteen-day mark.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- Dysport® is a competitive brand name, but alternative brands such as Botox and Xeomin are also effective. Some individuals prefer a certain brand based on their own personal experience.
Can I get Dysport® the day before a big event?
- Yes, a Dysport® treatment has really no downtime other than a few red marks at the injection site that resolve within hours.
Does Dysport® hurt?
- Patients describe the injections with the very small needles as a pinch and are generally very well tolerated.
How does Dysport® get rid of my wrinkles?
- Dysport® stops the communication to your muscles that create the lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Does it really matter who does my Dysport®?
- Although Dysport® is commonly used today, it is important that you used a highly trained specialist who is familiar with facial anatomy, advanced techniques and medical conditions that might prevent you from having the treatment. Bad Dysport® is common when patients go to individuals who are not experts in the field of medicine. These “practioners” commonly administer incorrect dosages and treat in the wrong areas, resulting in an undesirable and unnatural outcome.
How much does Dysport® cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center charges based on the number of units used. A provider in our office will evaluate your areas of concern and provide you with an estimate at our free consultation. Call our office for per unit pricing by brand name.
What is the difference between Dysport® and Botox?
- Overall Botox and Dysport are very similar. Both are a type of botulinum type A used to relax the muscles that cause frown lines and other over active muscles of the face, like forehead lines and crows feet. Through experience our patients may find that they prefer one to the other for their desired outcomes.
What happens if I need more correction, or the injection didn’t quite work in an area?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on your results. If you ever need an adjustment after your treatment, we will gladly make the fix. Injecting can be an art and every patient is different; we are happy make minor adjustments to meet your needs.
Dysport®: Are you a Candidate?
Both men and women experience the benefits of reduced wrinkle lines through the use of Dysport®. At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we always offer free cosmetic consultations and encourage anyone considering Dysport® or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Dysport® or have had allergic reactions to other Botulinum products should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose to their physician whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breast-feeding or have used other Botulinum injections in the past.
Patient Treatment Documents:
Please download and view the Dysport post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.