Botox Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 most common questions the Wilmington Dermatology Center receives about Botox.
How long does it last?
- Results typically last three to four months.
When will I see results?
- Patients begin seeing results within five to seven days, with full correction at the fourteen-day mark.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- Botox Cosmetic is the popular brand name, but alternative brands such as Dysport and Xeomin are also effective. Some individuals prefer a certain brand based on their own personal experience.
Can I get Botox the day before a big event?
- Yes, treatment really has no downtime other than a few red marks at the injection site that resolve within hours.
Does it hurt?
- Patients describe the injections with the very small needles as a pinch and are generally very well tolerated.
How does Botox get rid of my wrinkles?
- Botox stops the communication to your muscles that create the lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Does it really matter who does my Botox in Wilmington?
- Although commonly used today, it is important that you used a highly trained specialist who is familiar with facial anatomy, advanced techniques and medical conditions that might prevent you from having the treatment. Bad experiences are common when patients go to individuals who are not experts in the field of medicine. These “practioners” commonly administer incorrect dosages and treat in the wrong areas, resulting in an undesirable and unnatural outcome.
How much does Botox cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center charges based on the number of units used. A provider in our office will evaluate your areas of concern and provide you with an estimate at our free consultation. Call our office for per unit pricing by brand name.
Can I get Botox done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Botox the same day you receive other injectable treatments, including dermal fillers such as Voluma XC, Juvederm, Radiesse, etc.
What happens if I need more correction, or the injection didn’t quite work in an area?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on your results. If you ever need an adjustment after your treatment, we will gladly make the fix. Injecting can be an art and every patient is different; we are happy make minor adjustments to meet your needs.
- More information:
Touch Up Policy
Wilmington Dermatology Center will offer a touch-up at no charge within 2 weeks of treatment, however if you choose to use less units than recommended for effect then there will be an additional charge when the touch-up is performed.
Video: Dr. George discusses Botox
Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff pride themselves on performing treatments that appear natural, not overdone.
Trust your treatments to an office that performs numerous Botox treatments each day and is ranked in the top 1% of treatment volume in the entire country.