Some of us naturally have very thin and light colored eyebrows, while some of us are also guilty of over-plucking and over-waxing…Luckily, there is now a way to enhance the shape and color of your brows by Microblading.
Whether you are looking for a more defined look, and/or wanting to darken the color of your brows, Microblading can be the solution for you!
Microblading is a new technique where semi-permanent pigment is applied to the top layer of your brows and a small hand tool made of tiny needles is used to embed the semi-permanent pigment to the top layer of the skin. The results – longer lasting darker & fuller eyebrows.
How Microblading Works
Microblading is a way to make your eyebrows appear thicker and fuller by using semi-permanent pigment. A small tool, made up of tiny needles, is used to embed the pigment to the top layer of your skin. Our Certified Medical Aesthetician will then carefully apply the pigment in brief strokes, which resemble your natural brows hairs.
Results will vary, but with proper post care you can have lasting effects for up to 12 months! We also offer a touch-up after 4-6 weeks, but only if necessary. Your eyebrows will then go back to the natural color and shape that they were prior to your Microblading treatment. You can repeat this procedure as many times as you choose.
What Should I Expect During My Microblading Procedure?
Your new brow shape will be mapped onto your eyebrows using a brow pencil. A topical numbing agent will then be applied for 15 minutes to aid with any discomfort. Our Certified Medical Aesthetician will then begin. The process will take approximately 1 hour and you will feel tiny pricks, to the application site, during this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I avoid?
- Stay out of the sun and do not exercise the day of your procedure.
- Do not participate in underwater actives or in activities that will make you sweat until tattoo is completely healed.
What should I expect?
- Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising, and dry tightness after procedure.
- Eyebrows may appear too dark immediately after the procedure, but the darkness will fade in 2-7 days.
- Eyebrows may appear uneven after the procedure, but once swelling dissipates the unevenness will typically disappear as well.
Can I wear makeup after Microblading?
- Do not use makeup near the tattooed area for at least 5-7 days.
Will Microblading affect eyebrow hair growth?
- Microblading does not prevent hair loss, nor does it improve hair growth.
When should I get a touch up?
- A touch up appointment is advised within 30 days of procedure. Another session is typically done every 6-12 months or when pigment begins to fade.
After Your Microblading Procedure
Immediately after your Microblading procedure, your brows will appear much darker than the desired color match that yourself and our Certified Medical Aesthetician discussed. You will also experience minor redness, swelling, and scabbing of the brows as well. All of this is normal and will last anywhere from 7-14 days. After the 2 week mark, your brows will be fully healed.