We know most of you are aware of the many great benefits of Botox, but did you know that you can also fight the appearance of the aging face with dermal filler treatments such as Juvederm and Voluma?
As we age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring molecule, in our skin. This causes our skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds, like the parentheses lines around your nose and mouth. Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of HA. Using a dermal filler like Juvederm or Voluma is an effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, restoring volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds. Still have questions on filler? Here are a few answers to the questions you may have when thinking, “I’ve tried Botox, am I ready for Filler?”
- How would I know if I could benefit from a dermal filler? – Because everyone’s skin ages differently Filler may be used to rejuvenate multiple problem areas from smile lines and vertical lip lines to volume restoration in your cheeks. The good news is that Juvederm or Voluma can soften those lines after just one treatment.
- How does it work? – Filler is injected under the skin to fill the soft tissue of the dermis restoring HA in your skin – adding volume and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and folds. In some products such as Sculptra, the injection actually stimulates the natural production of collagen in your body.
- I don’t like needles, what is the treatment like? – The procedure is quick and easy! When you arrive a topical anesthetic will be applied to your skin to numb the treatment area before the injections. Your experienced healthcare provider will then ease the filler under your skin where wrinkles and folds occur. Your entire visit usually takes just 30 minutes.
- Is it expensive? – The cost of filler is reasonable especially compared to more involved procedures like plastic surgery. It’s priced per syringe and the benefits can last months. The Brilliant Distinctions program from Allergan, makers of Juvederm, Botox, and Voluma also offers exclusive benefits for instant savings off your next treatment or other participating products.
- How long does it last? – Just one treatment with Juvederm can smooth away your wrinkles for up to 12 months. Voluma provides natural- looking results that last up to 2 years
- How different will I look?- Both Juvederm and Voluma will give you natural looking results. Results everyone will notice but no one will know. Your appearance will ultimately be driven by the techniques and amount of product used. At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are known for our noticeable, yet natural results. Individuals who looked like they have been excessively filled and don’t appear natural have not been treated in our office.
- Will I have down time? – Because Filler is a simple, non-surgical procedure there is minimal downtime with swelling and bruising and results are seen immediately. Another reason why we love it – it’s easy to fit into a busy schedule and requires little maintenance!
Trust your Filler treatment to the experts. Contact our office today to schedule your free consultation appointment with Dr. Rosalyn George and her highly trained team including Karin Hipp, PA-C and Melanie Adams, PA-C. Dr. Rosalyn George is a certified trainer for Botox, Juvederm and Voluma and was one of only two physicians in NC selected for the Voluma Facial Aesthetics Advisory Board. There is a reason why Wilmington Dermatology Center has been identified as a Diamond account with Allergan, which represents the top 2% of practices in the nation by volume…the reason – great results.